After installing SU 2015 x64, and the new pluggin
I have found a few blank spots in the Kernels options...
The Kernels don't have the new features from the Octane 2.12(and 2.13) it misses the "Coherent Mode"
and "Path Term. Power"
and "Static Noise"
( I don't know what this one does), the "Coherent Mode", and "Path Term. Power" are awesome, please enable them for us.
In the infochanel kernel it misses the "Motion Vector Pass"
but I don't use it so all good for me.
The same happens in SU2014
- About simplified geometry all ok for me, I don't use it most of the times. So I don't have a problem with my component stays the way I made it.
- Proxie orbx loads perfect, even huge projects can be loaded
- A few times in SU2015 the Octane render Window just stay blank, but I cant reproduce the steps...lets wait and see if happens more times.- a Big important thing (but is similar in older versions) is that when taking a project from one machine to another the missing textures popup is just a pain....
- I made a new project in my laptop(working away from office), modeled, textured, render...etc etc
- then I need to take it to my workstation to continue rendering bigger files
- I copy my SU file from laptop to my workstation work folder
- I copy my SU textures to from laptop C:\Users\LAPTOP\Documents\Octane\SketchUp\temp\textures to the same directory in the workstation
- I copy all my new files to my textures library
- I copy all new .ocs/.orbx files (used as proxie) to my library
- then I open the SU file in the workstation
- the SU missing texture location opens to find the specific file, I choose C:\Users\WORKSTATION\Documents\Octane\SketchUp\temp\textures , all good. The problem is that it ask for every SU texture build for Octane. I need to select the same path
to every texture. Its just hard.
Can the plugin search for all "missing" textures in that folder? (it will find them all in that directory) And then when a file is not found in there it should ask for another directory to load.
Or even a selection of locations where the plugin could always search for missing files.
This would be a huge help...
thanks for the hard work mate