This release fixes various bugs that got reported for 3.06 during the last weeks. We also added various functions to improve the GUI support in the Sketchup and Unity plugins, but these will be not visible in the Standalone of course.
You can find an overview of all new major features of 3.06 in this thread.
And apologies for the delay of the OctaneBench release, but bug fixing took quite a bit longer than expected. We really hope to have it out next week.
Changes since version 3.06
- Added ability to change linker group names in the node graph editor, too.
- Switched the triplanar texture to use the interpolated geometry normal without bump mapping (see viewtopic.php?p=311801#p311801).
- The random colour texture is now varying per instance of mesh node instead per instance of mesh configuration (which is represented by node chains leading from material/object layer map nodes to a mesh node). This is to solve some longstanding issues with the Maya plugin.
- Added new menu entry "All items" to the node graph editor context menu, which shows all possible node items that can be created.
- Fixed artifacts behind transparent surface if the shadow pass is enabled (see viewtopic.php?p=311530#p311530).
- Fixed update of importance sampled texture environments after rotation of the texture projection.
- Fixed incorrect loading of the field-of-view settings in animated panoramic cameras.
- Fixed crash on OSX when an interactive render region is used (see viewtopic.php?f=86&t=60995).
- Removed recovery after CUDA failures, because it doesn't work. As soon as a CUDA failure occurs, the CUDA becomes unusable for that device, which seems to be a limitation of CUDA.
- Fixed unnecessary render restarts after changing scatter and placement nodes that are not connected with mesh nodes.
- Fixed missing geometry update after a volume got reloaded due to a time change and some scene update was triggered in between.
- Fixed the texture tangent vector of particles.
- Fixed crash when an error occurs in a render job script.
- Fixed incorrect build options causing
octane-cli.exeto require the installation of the Visual Studio 2010 runtime libraries.
- Lua: Added
octane.render.grabRenderResult()to fetch the current render result from the render target.
- Lua: Added
A_RESET_ON_INITfor script graphs, to (optionally) allow preventing them from getting cleared during initialization.
- Lua: Fixed missing evaluations if
octane.scriptgraph._evaluateAllChangesis enabled and value changes are processed during an evaluation of input nodes.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Demo version downloads
demo version for Windows (installer)
demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Photoshop workflow plugin download
You can download and install the plugin either via the Adobe Exchange platform (the latest version still needs to be approved by Adobe, so it may take some time to show up) or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.
Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)
Your OTOY NZ Team