Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Forums: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Postby buzby » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:29 am

buzby Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:29 am
aoktar wrote: yes not very accurate, not in same concept. But livedb will come soon, also ocs exchange.


Aoktar, sorry if I am missing out I may no be up on all this, but livedb is already available, how will this effect C4D material conversion? What is OCS exchange?
Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (1) EVGA Titan| 30" Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case |
Autodesk Inventor>3DS Max >Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
User avatar
buzby
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Postby aoktar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:21 pm

aoktar Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:21 pm
buzby wrote:
aoktar wrote: yes not very accurate, not in same concept. But livedb will come soon, also ocs exchange.


Aoktar, sorry if I am missing out I may no be up on all this, but livedb is already available, how will this effect C4D material conversion? What is OCS exchange?


using of livedb not supported yet. This is not related for conversion but will give many samples for materials. Also we can have materials transfers between plugin/standalone.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12705
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Postby buzby » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:31 pm

buzby Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:31 pm
alexmunteanu wrote:From Materials window: Create->Shader->C4dOctane


Thank you
Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (1) EVGA Titan| 30" Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case |
Autodesk Inventor>3DS Max >Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
User avatar
buzby
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Postby buzby » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

buzby Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm
aoktar wrote:
buzby wrote:
aoktar wrote: yes not very accurate, not in same concept. But livedb will come soon, also ocs exchange.


Aoktar, sorry if I am missing out I may no be up on all this, but livedb is already available, how will this effect C4D material conversion? What is OCS exchange?


using of livedb not supported yet. This is not related for conversion but will give many samples for materials. Also we can have materials transfers between plugin/standalone.


Aoktar, can you tell me more about the materials transfers between plugin/standalone?
I purchased this plugin so I could use Octane within C4D, I thought the purpose of the plugin was going to be the added benefit of being able to use all the native materials and lighting within C4d (you may never have said this it is just what I assumed). Is this plugin more of a convenience of not having to switch back and forth between the Octane export plugin that we have been using in the past with OctaneRender standalone, or is this ever going to work natively within C4D using all of C4D's materials and lighting as it matures?
Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (1) EVGA Titan| 30" Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case |
Autodesk Inventor>3DS Max >Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
User avatar
buzby
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Postby aoktar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 pm

aoktar Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 pm
you can do everything in c4d like standalone. Standart materials support actually is limited matched texture nodes. It works with standart materials which has textures, falloff. i'm adding a shader to texture convertion option on development version. Also material db and export/import materials will be available on the next releases.
I can send additional commercial sample scenes to you
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12705
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Postby buzby » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 pm

buzby Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 pm
aoktar wrote:you can do everything in c4d like standalone. Standart materials support actually is limited matched texture nodes. It works with standart materials which has textures, falloff. i'm adding a shader to texture convertion option on development version. Also material db and export/import materials will be available on the next releases.
I can send additional commercial sample scenes to you


Sounds great thank you! Yes please do drop them in this thread or you can PM me
Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (1) EVGA Titan| 30" Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case |
Autodesk Inventor>3DS Max >Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
User avatar
buzby
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Postby aoktar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 pm

aoktar Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 pm
buzby wrote:
aoktar wrote:you can do everything in c4d like standalone. Standart materials support actually is limited matched texture nodes. It works with standart materials which has textures, falloff. i'm adding a shader to texture convertion option on development version. Also material db and export/import materials will be available on the next releases.
I can send additional commercial sample scenes to you


Sounds great thank you! Yes please do drop them in this thread or you can PM me


when i prepared for sending, i'm going to send them. in a 1-2 days. ok?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12705
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Postby buzby » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 am

buzby Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 am
aoktar wrote:
buzby wrote:
aoktar wrote:you can do everything in c4d like standalone. Standart materials support actually is limited matched texture nodes. It works with standart materials which has textures, falloff. i'm adding a shader to texture convertion option on development version. Also material db and export/import materials will be available on the next releases.
I can send additional commercial sample scenes to you


Sounds great thank you! Yes please do drop them in this thread or you can PM me


when i prepared for sending, i'm going to send them. in a 1-2 days. ok?



Yes thanks you
Asrock z77 extreme9 | Intel i7 3770K 3.5 | Win 7 64 bit | (1) EVGA Titan| 30" Apple Cinema Display | LEPA G1600W PSU | 16GB Ram | Storm Trooper Case |
Autodesk Inventor>3DS Max >Cinema 4D R14 Broadcast
User avatar
buzby
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Preview of OctaneRender for Cinema 4D

Postby TonyBoy » Thu May 02, 2013 3:33 pm

TonyBoy Thu May 02, 2013 3:33 pm
I know Aoktar is working away at the C4D edition but I miss the updates to his progress. I am anxious to astonish the folks at C4D Cafe with my very fast animation renders (especially those who have expressed skepticism on the whole issue of GPU rendering). Any teasers, Aoktar (and an early congratulations on your future contribution to the rapidly growing Turkish economy!)?
TonyBoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 pm
Previous

Return to News & Announcements


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:55 am [ UTC ]