We're happy to bring you XB2 of 2022.1. As before we had a lot of feedback from various channels and there are many fixes and improvements in this build. Unfortunately Brigade is not quite ready, but we are hoping it will be in time for XB3.
Please note the MacOS builds below will only work correctly on MacOS 12.3.1 and newer, and only on Apple GPUs.
As with all experimental builds, we advise to not use this release for production purposes. We are trying to, but we can't guarantee that scenes saved with this version will be compatible in future releases.
Changes since 2022.1 XB 1
- Added integration with RNDR cloud rendering service in favor of discontinued ORC support.
- Various improvements to nested dielectrics.
- Added two functions that were missing in the Lua nodegraph module (nodegraph.collapse() and nodegraph.copyAttributeFromIx())
- Improve the handling of surfaces with multiple materials and nested dielectrics enabled.
- Improved user experience when there are OCIO errors.
- Moved look-at transform to transform category and renamed it to "Look-at transform"
- Fix hang when photon tracing is used in scenes without mesh geometry.
- Fixed blending/compositing happening for output AOVs that were not composite layers.
- Update the Blend color space tooltip to clarify that it affects both blending and compositing.
- Fix blank viewport after undocking/docking render viewport in real time mode.
- Bump JUCE external revision to fix tooltips not showing on components where the tooltip text rapidly changes.
- Fixed hair primitives on macOS.
- Prevent incorrect value of free device memory being shown in the UI sometimes when enabling/disabling denoiser.
- We no longer create SDF nodes by default in Vectron operators.
- Fixed hang when photon tracing is used in scenes without mesh geometry.
- Disabled environment sampling if we are recording a shadow AOV and have portals and no importance sampled environment.
- Fixed "Auto alpha image" behavior when loading OBJ files.
- Make blending composite output AOV layers in perceptual space match Photoshop when the layers aren't fully opaque.
- Make the color burn and color dodge compositor blend modes match Photoshop in the last remaining special case.
- Use slightly overlapping tiles for photon tracing, with soft edges.
- Fix artefacts in the color dodge and color burn composite output AOV blend modes.
- Added blend color space to composite AOV layer node.
- Fixed issue causing wrong results when using the baking camera with geometry with texture displacement.
- Implement OSL transformu() function for units of length.
- Fixed baking camera on macOS.
- Fixed issue causing artefacts showing outside the UV geometry boundary when using the baking camera in info passes.
- Fix position of search boxes on multiple monitors.
- Fix artefacts when using position in a mix material mixing parameter input.
- Search box for node type dropdown works on macOS.
- Fixed material maps when using multiple instances of one SDF node with different materials.
- Fixed noise and incorrect background of positional AOVs if RTX is disabled and the scene bounding box has size 0 along one of its axes.
- Fixed GPU failure when switching from photon tracing to PMC.
- Fixed SDF displacement using the wrong transform.
- Fixed minor sampling error.
- Integrate the 'Image adjustment' node
- Integrate the 'Color key' node
- Fixed AI Light on macOS.
- Fixed medium emission using uninitialized values.
- Fixed gizmos for all nontrivial geometry nodes.
- Fixed undo not working properly after zooming viewport with orthographic thin lens camera.
- Fix macOS material preview artefacts.
- Fixed possible hand when using RTX.
- Bounds input of the Vectron node no longer allows negative values.
- Fixed issue on Windows causing ORBX file corruption when updating files on remote drives that have been temporarily disconnected.
- Switch to use soft borders for Standard volume mediums.
- Fixed a crash when deleting an output AOV group node sometimes.
- Fixed curvature node not outputting the right values on macOS.
- Fixed MacOS "legacy volume" render regression.
- Fixed texture projections on SDF objects (volume + osl sdf).
- World space coordinates work more consistently on texture inputs on SDF shaders.
- Added option to the volume Z depth AOVs that allows you define which depth is considered white/1.
- Fixed render error when using the baking camera with a baking group ID with empty UV data.
- Add the ability to pick mattes in the render viewport for a cryptomatte mask output AOV.
- Fixed a crash which happens when triggering geometry export with invalid path(like a ORBX package) or relative paths. Relative paths are now anchored from project directory if a project exist or from current working directory.
- Fixed the 'Volume cloud' texture on macOS.
- Added 'Fractal 2' to the 'Procedural effects' texture.
- Added 'Noise smoke flow' to the 'Procedural effects' texture.
- Added volumetric effects to the 'Procedural effects' texture node.
- Integrated more textures from LiveDB.
- Fixed random net render hang when no local GPUs are used for rendering.
- Fixed crash when pressing most keys in most popup menus.
- Added a new output AOV type: cryptomatte mask.
- Fixed Linux render node distributable which was missing the daemon executable.
- Fixed object layer masks of volumes which were messing up custom AOVs.
- Fixes invalid materials in non-RTX CUDA when moving the camera in scenes with nested dielectrics enabled.
- Fixed issue causing to re-login when switching versions of Octane on some Linux distros.
- Fixed a bug where auto bump map doesn't work as expected when box projection is used.
- Fixed a bug in vertex displacement. By mistake y and z axes were swapped for object space vector maps. Also autobumpmap was not working as expected on object space vertex displacement.
- Update FreeImage to 3.18.0.
- Add BRDF sampling slices for diffuse BRDFs, remove invalid Specular/Ward combination.
Downloads for Enterprise subscription users:
OctaneRender Enterprise 2022.1 XB2 for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2022.1 XB2 for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2022.1 XB2 for Linux
Octane X Enterprise 2022.1 XB2 for MacOS
OctaneRender Enterprise 2022.1 XB2 Node Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2022.1 XB2 Node for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2022.1 XB2 Node for Linux
Downloads for Studio subscription users:
OctaneRender Studio 2022.1 XB2 for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio 2022.1 XB2 for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Studio 2022.1 XB2 for Linux
Your OTOY team