This is the last or second last bug fix release of 3.08. For a description of the new features of 3.08, please read the new features thread.
When we added support for Volta GPUs, we had to switch to CUDA toolkit 9.1, which requires an NVIDIA driver of version 387 or higher.
Changes since version 3.08.2:
- Added CTRL+A shortcut to select all nodes in the node graph editor.
- Note nodes are resizable again.
- Merged back the refactored render layer shadows of version 4. This way the render layer shadows behave similar to the general shadow pass. As a consequence, the colour render layer shadow pass got removed which doesn't apply anymore.
- Merged back the performance improvements of the OBJ loader from version 4.
- OSL: Updated to version 1.9.
- OSL: Added support for point sampling of textures via:
texture(..., "interp", "closest")
- OSL: Fixed handling of
intinput parameters for OSL shaders.
- OSL: Fixed mistake in setting up parameters to evaluate delayed texture input programs for OSL shaders.
- OSL: Fixed input pins on OSL nodes to not lose custom labels after copy&paste.
- Fixed incorrect clamping of info channel kernels at 0, causing passes like the normal passes to render incorrectly (see viewtopic.php?p=341833#p341833).
- Fixed missing direct reflection of the metallic material which wasn't recorded in the reflection pass (see viewtopic.php?p=339129#p339129).
- Fixed GGX sampling in glossy materials by using the same sampling as in the universal material of version 4.
- Fixed energy loss in specular materials during total internal reflection.
- Fixed rendering of transparent meshes inside an environment medium (see viewtopic.php?p=342869#p342869).
- Fixed autofocus picking when near clipping is enabled.
- Fixed missing support for Volta GPUs on OSX.
- Improved the translation via object handles which is dependent on the camera scaling.
- Fixed the non-consistent sizing of object handles for different camera projection settings.
- Fixed incorrect seeding in the MLT kernel.
- Fixed integer overflow in GUI library if images with very large resolutions are displayed.
- Fixed broken stripping of name index when we create duplicate render target names (see viewtopic.php?p=341971#p341971).
- Lua: Added
- Lua: Fixed hang when pasting certain Unicode characters in the Lua text editor.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Demo version downloads
demo version for Windows (installer)
demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Photoshop workflow plugin download
You can download and install the current Photoshop workflow plugin (1.0.5) either via the Adobe Exchange platform or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.
Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)
Your OTOY Team