Output AOV

Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

Post Reply
User avatar
remKa
Licensed Customer
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm
Location: Paris
Contact:

Hello,

I'm having trouble the AOV passes (cryptomatte node name, denoised reflection etc...), they show up in the IPR but they are not saved when I render to disk.

I'm new to Octane for Houdini, did I miss something ?

Thank you in advance
AMD 9950x3D / RTX 4090 / RTX 3090 / 192 Go DDR5 / Win 11
http://www.remy-kerbiquet.com
BK
OctaneRender Team
Posts: 1583
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:54 pm

remKa wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:41 pm Hello,

I'm having trouble the AOV passes (cryptomatte node name, denoised reflection etc...), they show up in the IPR but they are not saved when I render to disk.

I'm new to Octane for Houdini, did I miss something ?

Thank you in advance
Hi remKa,

Thank you for the post.
OctaneRender for Houdini EXR outputs uses HDR tonemapping requiring us to use compositing applications like AE or Nuke.
In AE/Nuke, we need Cryptomatte Effect/plugin to see the AOVs or please try render in PNG formats if that works.

Let us know how it goes!!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
User avatar
remKa
Licensed Customer
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm
Location: Paris
Contact:

Oh, I didn't understand that it was a multilayer pass rendering, I was expecting different files names... so I have to use extractor to get reflection pass for exemple ?
AMD 9950x3D / RTX 4090 / RTX 3090 / 192 Go DDR5 / Win 11
http://www.remy-kerbiquet.com
BK
OctaneRender Team
Posts: 1583
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:54 pm

remKa wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:13 pm Oh, I didn't understand that it was a multilayer pass rendering, I was expecting different files names... so I have to use extractor to get reflection pass for exemple ?
Oh hey remKa, thanks for the quick reply..
We can render the AOVs as different files names too.. Please uncheck the `Save layered EXR`
If its PNGs then we save out as separate AOVs.

Let us know if that works!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
Post Reply

Return to “Houdini”