Hello,
I'm having trouble the AOV passes (cryptomatte node name, denoised reflection etc...), they show up in the IPR but they are not saved when I render to disk.
I'm new to Octane for Houdini, did I miss something ?
Thank you in advance
Output AOV
Moderator: juanjgon
AMD 9950x3D / RTX 4090 / RTX 3090 / 192 Go DDR5 / Win 11
http://www.remy-kerbiquet.com
http://www.remy-kerbiquet.com
Hi remKa,remKa wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:41 pm Hello,
I'm having trouble the AOV passes (cryptomatte node name, denoised reflection etc...), they show up in the IPR but they are not saved when I render to disk.
I'm new to Octane for Houdini, did I miss something ?
Thank you in advance
Thank you for the post.
OctaneRender for Houdini EXR outputs uses HDR tonemapping requiring us to use compositing applications like AE or Nuke.
In AE/Nuke, we need Cryptomatte Effect/plugin to see the AOVs or please try render in PNG formats if that works.
Let us know how it goes!!
cheers
Kind Regards
bk3d
bk3d
Oh, I didn't understand that it was a multilayer pass rendering, I was expecting different files names... so I have to use extractor to get reflection pass for exemple ?
AMD 9950x3D / RTX 4090 / RTX 3090 / 192 Go DDR5 / Win 11
http://www.remy-kerbiquet.com
http://www.remy-kerbiquet.com
Oh hey remKa, thanks for the quick reply..remKa wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:13 pm Oh, I didn't understand that it was a multilayer pass rendering, I was expecting different files names... so I have to use extractor to get reflection pass for exemple ?
We can render the AOVs as different files names too.. Please uncheck the `Save layered EXR`
If its PNGs then we save out as separate AOVs.
Let us know if that works!
cheers
Kind Regards
bk3d
bk3d

