OctaneRender 2027.1.Alpha_3.0 for Houdini Production (2027.1.Alpha_3.0)

Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: juanjgon

bruce.chai
OctaneRender Team
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:26 pm

terencemace wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:28 pm It happens in every scene I build with Octane when I try to launch the IPR.

Is this a licensing issue? Am I missing something simple?
Just confirming, you are not using macos 27 Golden Gate, right? It's not supported yet
terencemace
Licensed Customer
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:49 am

Ahhhaaaaaa! Yes, I am using Golden Gate. Doh!!!

Early adopter.............
bruce.chai
OctaneRender Team
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:26 pm

terencemace wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:41 pm Ahhhaaaaaa! Yes, I am using Golden Gate. Doh!!!

Early adopter.............
Sorry, it's not supported yet. I will do a new plugin release as soon as possible after Octane core supports Golden Gate
michaelskripin
Licensed Customer
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi,

I’m using Octane for Houdini 2027.1 Alpha 3.0 Prime on macOS with Houdini 22.0.459.

In Solaris, this MaterialX graph renders the sphere grey instead of using the assigned red color:

MtlX Burley Diffuse BSDF → MtlX Surface → surface_output

The Burley node has weight = 1 and color = (0.3, 0.075, 0.075). The material binding is present on the sphere, and Houdini reports no node errors or warnings. Restarting the Octane viewport renderer does not help.

For comparison, temporarily replacing this chain with MtlX Standard Surface using the same base color renders the sphere red correctly.

Alpha 3’s release notes list support for Burley Diffuse BSDF. Is this graph also supported through the Houdini Solaris/Hydra integration on macOS, or does it require a different setup? Could this be a plugin issue?
Screenshot 2026-10-09 at 22.27.05.png
MacOS 26.5.1, M1 Max, Houdini 22, Octane 2026.5
bruce.chai
OctaneRender Team
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:26 pm

michaelskripin wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:29 pm Hi,

I’m using Octane for Houdini 2027.1 Alpha 3.0 Prime on macOS with Houdini 22.0.459.

In Solaris, this MaterialX graph renders the sphere grey instead of using the assigned red color:

MtlX Burley Diffuse BSDF → MtlX Surface → surface_output

The Burley node has weight = 1 and color = (0.3, 0.075, 0.075). The material binding is present on the sphere, and Houdini reports no node errors or warnings. Restarting the Octane viewport renderer does not help.

For comparison, temporarily replacing this chain with MtlX Standard Surface using the same base color renders the sphere red correctly.

Alpha 3’s release notes list support for Burley Diffuse BSDF. Is this graph also supported through the Houdini Solaris/Hydra integration on macOS, or does it require a different setup? Could this be a plugin issue?

Screenshot 2026-10-09 at 22.27.05.png
Thanks for reporting this issue, this is a plugin issue and will be fixed in the next 2027 release.
Post Reply

Return to “Releases”