Octane plugin normal maps problem

Forums: Octane plugin normal maps problem
Unreal® Engine Integrated Plugin

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Re: Octane plugin normal maps problem

Postby amadudkin » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:26 pm

amadudkin Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:26 pm
EvolverInteractive wrote:The solution has already been given, in that some DDC for the green channel.
1. Get both Unreal and Octane going the same direction (even wrong)
2. Add to the normal node, a float value and a flatten normal
3. Adjust value positive or negative for best results.


It seems that this is too difficult for me at this stage.. Maybe you will be able to show this process on the screenshot?
amadudkin
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:02 am

Re: Octane plugin normal maps problem

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:01 pm

ChrisHekman Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:01 pm
amadudkin wrote:
ChrisHekman wrote:I found the Quixel material you are using.
Seeing as the material is upside-down, am I correct in that you are scaling the model with a negative scale?


No, I initially checked the directions of all the normals of my object, they are OK, upside down doors-this is my UV mapping error. In addition to this, I checked other materials like concrete or wood textures, they behave in a similar way


I might have a fix. Would you be able to share some of the models you are using?

Do you have the same normal shading error when you are using the unreal sphere primitive?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Octane plugin normal maps problem

Postby amadudkin » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:24 pm

amadudkin Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:24 pm
ChrisHekman wrote:
amadudkin wrote:
ChrisHekman wrote:I found the Quixel material you are using.
Seeing as the material is upside-down, am I correct in that you are scaling the model with a negative scale?


No, I initially checked the directions of all the normals of my object, they are OK, upside down doors-this is my UV mapping error. In addition to this, I checked other materials like concrete or wood textures, they behave in a similar way


I might have a fix. Would you be able to share some of the models you are using?

Do you have the same normal shading error when you are using the unreal sphere primitive?



Here is my model, on which I tested the materials https://drive.google.com/open?id=1isR7mDZfAxlRRbHUUJ9C1Wbia76Hmn4h

Yes, the standart unreal sphere primitive has the same problem Image
amadudkin
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:02 am

Re: Octane plugin normal maps problem

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:49 pm

ChrisHekman Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:49 pm
Strange I am getting correct results on my end. Which plugin version are you using?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Octane plugin normal maps problem

Postby amadudkin » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:32 pm

amadudkin Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:32 pm
i use Unreal Engine 4.23.1 and Octane Prime 0_24_UE4_23 (the full name of my octane installer)
amadudkin
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:02 am

Re: Octane plugin normal maps problem

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 pm

ChrisHekman Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 pm
amadudkin wrote:i use Unreal Engine 4.23.1 and Octane Prime 0_24_UE4_23 (the full name of my octane installer)


Could you try the latest version? I made a couple of changes related to normals in 0.25 or 0.26 i believe.

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=73502
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Octane plugin normal maps problem

Postby EvolverInteractive » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:50 pm

EvolverInteractive Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:50 pm
Got to the help section

viewtopic.php?f=134&t=73651
EvolverInteractive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:31 am

Re: Octane plugin normal maps problem

Postby amadudkin » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:01 pm

amadudkin Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:01 pm
ChrisHekman wrote:
amadudkin wrote:i use Unreal Engine 4.23.1 and Octane Prime 0_24_UE4_23 (the full name of my octane installer)


Could you try the latest version? I made a couple of changes related to normals in 0.25 or 0.26 i believe.

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=73502


Thanks, it works!
amadudkin
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:02 am

Re: Octane plugin normal maps problem

Postby theghalwash » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:34 pm

theghalwash Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:34 pm
ue4 needs the green channel to be flipped .. octane need the green channel to stay unflipped. that is the case.
theghalwash
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:57 pm
Previous

Return to Unreal® Engine


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:34 am [ UTC ]