Live/LocalDB import crash

Forums: Live/LocalDB import crash
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

Live/LocalDB import crash

Postby dandoozled » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:26 pm

dandoozled Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:26 pm
I can't import anything from local/live db, if I import from LiveDB the tab closes and nothing happens/ is imported into Houdini...
On the other hand if I import my own textures from LocalDB the whole Houdini program just closes...?
Handful of problems and I can't understand why, I'd love some assistance but I haven't gotten a response on this forum in like two days I'm assuming it's pretty much dead
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Live/LocalDB import crash

Postby juanjgon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 pm

juanjgon Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 pm
Hi,

Sorry, it is Monday here, so I've just seen this post after the weekend. Here the LiveDB feature seems to work fine. What Octane plugin version are you using? If possible try the latest one released 2018.1.0.7

The problem can be related for example to the LiveDB textures path, that you must configure in the plugin options panel, as you can see in the attached image. A not valid path could be the source of some problems with the LiveDB feature.

thanks,
-Juanjo
Attachments
2019-03-18 22_53_29-win64-workstation - TeamViewer.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby dandoozled » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:14 am

dandoozled Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:14 am
juanjgon wrote:Hi,

Sorry, it is Monday here, so I've just seen this post after the weekend. Here the LiveDB feature seems to work fine. What Octane plugin version are you using? If possible try the latest one released 2018.1.0.7

The problem can be related for example to the LiveDB textures path, that you must configure in the plugin options panel, as you can see in the attached image. A not valid path could be the source of some problems with the LiveDB feature.

thanks,
-Juanjo

I set up the source for the localdb in both the Octane program and plugin, it still crashes everytime I press import. It does that to any material in any scene I create.
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:06 pm

juanjgon Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:06 pm
Hmm, so do you say that Houdini crash just after trying to import a LiveDB material using the "import" option as you can see in the attached image? Sorry, but here this feature seems to work fine. What plugin version are you using?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Attachments
2019_03_21-13_00_16.jpg
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby dandoozled » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:55 am

dandoozled Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:55 am
juanjgon wrote:Hmm, so do you say that Houdini crash just after trying to import a LiveDB material using the "import" option as you can see in the attached image? Sorry, but here this feature seems to work fine. What plugin version are you using?

Thanks,
-Juanjo

sorry for late response, but I am using the newest versions for both Octane and octane plugin for houdini fx 17.0.352, and yes everytime I press the import button just like you have it in the screenshot, my program just closes.
Maybe I have something improper about how I installed the plugin? I just followed the official otoy installation tutorial..
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:42 pm

juanjgon Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:42 pm
Weird. Can you please send me the Octane log file that you get after rendering something in your system? You can configure the log options in the plugin options panel. A screengrab of the plugin "About" window could also help to be sure about the versions that you have installed.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Houdini