This a new beta release of the OctaneRender™ 2018.1 for Houdini™ plugin compiled with the Octane 2018.1 RC3 core. This 2018.1.0.3 release is available for the Houdini 16.0/16.5/17.0 latest production builds on Windows x64, Linux gcc6.3.1 and OSX 10.12. This plugin is also compatible with Houdini Indie (While working inside the Indie version, the plugin will have a 4k limited resolution while rendering sequences and the scene export and cloud rendering features disabled)
As with all experimental releases, please do not use this for production purposes. 2018.1 RC3 will expire in 60 days
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 2018.1, please check out the 2018.1 release post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:
- NV Link support on RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti
- Cryptomatte. Currently, in the Houdini plugin the Instance ID is used also as Object ID due to its internal scene graph architecture.
- Vertex Attributes in the mesh objects. New options in the Octane OBJ spare parameters to configure the attributes to be extracted.
- New "Color Vertex Attribute" and "Float Vertex Attribute" VOP nodes to retrieve the vertex attributes in the shaders.
- Deep render passes.
- Way less Volume Render Noise. New option in the kernels to disable this feature if the matching of the Octane v4 volumes is needed.
- Direct Levelset surface rendering. New option in the Octane OBJ spare parameters to configure the volumes and OpenVDB rendering to work with SDFs.
- Scatter depth limiting (i.e. fast fog rendering)
- Overall 5% faster than V4 stable (about 315 OB vs 298 OB in our tests)
- GPU compressed textures are now cached (big time saver for many - based on your V4 feedback )
Release 2018.1.0.3 regular license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Linux.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ni_OSX.zip
Release 2018.1.0.3 subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... nux_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zip
Standalone 2018.1 RC3 version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... C3_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _linux.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg
* PLUGIN FEATURES AND FIXES:
- Dual support of point or vertex level attributes in the mesh objects.
- Fixed a problem in the ROP node GUI.
- Fixed a critical performance issue in the scene update code while rendering sequences to disk in scene update mode.
- Fixed several critical performance issues related to the IPR scene update.
- Support of variables like $HIP in the log file path.
- Fixed a crash after closing the IPR window while the scene is being extracted.
- Fixed the Octane light while working in blackbody mode, adding an option to enable the distribution texture.
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed an issue on Linux causing the computer to be identified differently if Houdini+Hython is being used. As a result a second license would have been required if Octane was
already run as Standalone or as different plugin. So Linux Houdini users should make sure licenses are deactivated before updating or else they will require to unlock their liceneses via the website.
- Fixed incorrect render restart if the noise pass gets enabled / disabled when adaptive sampling or the denoiser is enabled.
- Fixed bug that caused geometry to disappear or to render only partially on some frames of animations.
- Fixed rendering of the third UV coordinate set.
- fixed a couple of Cryptomatte crashes
- fixed geometry getting reprocessed when the camera is deleted
- fixed HDR image load crash when x-direction is flipped
- fixed volume SDF not working with specular material or medium
- fixed VDB exporter crash.
- fixed banding in larger scales of SDFs.
- improved SDF tracing speed when there is scaling in the instance
- fixed volume SDF normals when an instance is rotated and/or scaled
- reduced memory usage of vertex attributes
- fixed rendering of second color vertex attribute if a mesh contains also float vertex attributes.
- increase the max seeding samples for Cryptomatte to avoid getting black pixels on soft edges.
- fix possible crash when using a "mapper" input for a string input parameter in an OSL shader.
- Temporarily disabled caching of baking texture node for input texture types that are not image textures, since it wasn't working as intended yet.
- Fixed Automatic pixel format setting which would still load 32bit float EXR images and HDR images as 16-bit float.
Your OTOY Team