OctaneRender Studio subscribers can access their software from the "Downloads" section of their Customer Account Page.
This is a TEST version, so be prepared to have some issues. Do not use it for production.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Optimized node graph rendering
- Supported dragging into image feature for world texture
- Added post processing in render layer
- Removed legacy livedb
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Fixed memory corruption under some specific resolutions
- Fixed Transmission input issue in Diffuse Material
- fixed resharpable mesh vertices error
- Fixed light mesh update error
- Fixed probabilistic motion blur update failure
- Fixed camera move probabilistic render error under motion blur
- Fixed camera motion blur rendering failure when changing shutter alignment
- Fixed denoies passes missing error in render layer
- Fixed the inverted inputs in mix material
- Fixed compatibility check_update issue
- Fixed render failure when area light size = 0
- Fixed misspelling errors
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 2018.1 RC1 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 17.2 (2.79)
Octane Server - 17.2
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
- If you need to run OctaneServer - run it as daemon:
- Code: Select all
$ OctaneServer &
Blender Octane Edition - v17.2 Linux
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
Autoinstaller: Blender Octane Edition - v17.2 OSX Autoinstaller
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.