This is a new build of the OctaneRender™ 4.0 for Houdini™
plugin compiled with the Octane 4.00 RC6 core. This release is available for the Houdini 16.0/16.5/17.0
latest production builds on Windows x64, Linux gcc6.3.1 and OSX 10.12. This plugin is also compatible with Houdini Indie
(While working inside the Indie version, the plugin will have a 4k limited resolution while rendering sequences and the scene export and cloud rendering features disabled)This release includes a plugin build for Houdini 17.0!Important notes:
- Please note that this build will expire in 120 days.
- As before, some introductory material on V4 can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=66013
- Whilst we have reached the feature lock milestone, we consider this a non-stable release, as we expect to stabilize in preparation for the first stable. Until then, please do not use this for production purposes.
- Please make sure you have NVIDIA driver 387 or newer on Windows and Linux, and any CUDA driver for Mac that supports CUDA 9.1. Please also note that architecture improvements mean we can no longer support Fermi GPUs.
- The OSX Houdini 17.0 build will be available as soon as possible, in an upcoming new release.Release 4.00.0.16 regular licensehttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Linux.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ni_OSX.zipRelease 4.00.0.16 subscription licensehttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... nux_vr.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zipStandalone version for the network rendering nodeshttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... C6_win.exehttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _linux.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg=============================================
RELEASE 4.00.0.16 RC6
* PLUGIN FEATURES AND FIXES:
- The vopnet HDAs are now detected as Octane HDAs if they have "Octane" as a vopnet mask.
- Fixed several crashes in the Houdini 17 Octane vopnet and shops.
- Possible fixes for the crashes related to the save image on about feature, and for the passes saving on Linux.* OCTANE BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed random failure of first synchronous tone-map task
- Reverted changes to the volume rendering in the direct lighting kernel when the AO mode is being used which were made in 4 RC 3. We will address the original problem and other volume render issues again in a future update.
- Lowered the minimum exposure of the camera imager node from 0.001 to 0.00001.
- Improved sheen of the universal, glossy and metal materials: In glossy and metal materials it was too bright and didn't conserve energy and in the universal material it was too dark/subtle.
- Improved handling of emitting primitives that have no area.
- Fixed missing statistics for emission primitive and instance counts.
- Fixed AI light crash when you scale an emitter down to 0.0f.
- Fixed resource leak every time the denoiser is disabled and enabled again.
- Fixed missing motion blur when an OSL camera is being used.
- Fixed incorrect inclusion of the environment in the denoised main pass if render layers are enabled and keep environment is on.
- Fixed number overflow in denoiser in certain situations.
- Fixed issue that coating and sheen channels of the universal material were missing in the reflection filter pass.
- Fixed partial shadow on ground planes when using the render layer shadows passes, if there is any light from the environment reaching the plane from below.
- Fixed render system freeze when a greyscale value texture is used as input of a displacement node.
- Fixed interactive region rendering not properly resetting the tone-map intervals. The tone-map interval is now also limited to 4sec when active.
- Trying to work around CUDA error 2 (out of memory) by using a different / slower method to clear GPU memory (see above).