OctaneRender Studio subscribers can access their software from the "Downloads" section of their Customer Account Page.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Add sheen roughness for metal/glossy materials
- Add a button for emptying GPU
- Add user preference to empty GPU after render automatically
- Use enum values for displacement and falloff nodes
- Do not reload scene when turn on/off camera imager
- Support larger max width for nodes
- Support back compatibility for transmission color connection in specular material
- Support back compatibility for projection mode
- Support back compatibility for camera imager
- Hide legacy sockets in surface panels
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Fix the livedb crash of gradient texture
- Fix the livedb crash when updating and drawing node tree at the same time
- Fix camera imager UI grey out issue
- Fix medium node connection failure in specular materials
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 3.08 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 15.2.5 (2.79)
Octane Server - 15.2.5
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
- If you need to run OctaneServer - run it as daemon:
- Code: Select all
$ OctaneServer &
Blender Octane Edition - v15.2.5 Linux
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
Autoinstaller: Blender Octane Edition - v15.2.5 OSX Autoinstaller
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition - v15.2.5 OSX ZIP
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.