This is a new release of the OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ plugin, build 1.20.6
- released for Lightwave 10.x and 11.x Windows x32 and x64, and for Lightwave 11.x Mac OSX.
This is the first release with support for Lightwave 11.6
. It has some important bugs fixed and some new key features, like multi-pass motion blur
, support for network rendering
inside the LWSN and new materials preview options using shader balls
.Download plugin links:http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .6_x32.ziphttp://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .6_x64.ziphttp://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... .6_OSX.zipDownload DEMO VERSIONS plugin links:http://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... 2_DEMO.ziphttp://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... 4_DEMO.ziphttp://render.otoy.com/customerdownload ... X_DEMO.zipHow to install the plugin (Windows):
- Download the install file, you can see that inside it there is the plugin, the octane.dll and octane.dat files and a custom LW menu bar file
- Copy the octane.dll and octane.dat files into you install Lightwave/bin directory
- Add the plugin from Lightwave Layout, select the plugin for your Lightwave version (10.x or 11.x)
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane featuresHow to update the plugin (Windows):
- It is like install the plugin again (copy the .dll and .dat files to the Lightwave/bin directory and add the plugin and menu bar again), but you must be sure that there aren't any octane master plugins running in the Layout before try to add the plugin again. There is a live master plugin needed to start/stop the engine that must be closed to allow plugin reinstall.
- This build uses the new Octane SDK 1.17, if you are working with Windows please be sure that you update the Octane.dat and Octane.dll files inside your Lightwave/bin folder.How to install the plugin (OSX):
- Download the install file, you can see that inside it there is the plugin and a custom LW menu bar file
- Add the plugin from Lightwave Layout
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane featuresHow to update the plugin (OSX):
- It is like install the plugin again (add the plugin and menu bar again), but you must be sure that there aren't any octane master plugins running in the Layout before try to add the plugin again. There is a live master plugin needed to start/stop the engine that must be closed to allow plugin reinstall.*NEW FEATURES IN THE 1.20.6 RELEASE*
- Added support for Lightwave 11.6 for both Windows and OSX
- Added a new option in the render target to reload scene every 10 frames in the "update scene" mode to avoid locks ups on some systems.
- Multi pass Motion Blur: This release has support for multi pass motion blur. There is a new options tab in the render target root node options where user can enable the MB, set the number of passes and set the MB length. Each motion blur pass is going to render the number of samples set in the kernel node or the render time set in the render options, so for example if user set 100 samples in the kernel and render a 16 pass MB, the final number of samples rendered are going to be 1600.
- ScreamerNet network rendering support: To configure the render nodes licenses you need to add a plain text config file with the name "octane_node.cfg" to the C:\ disk of each render node. This config file should have the license data for the node using this format:
- Added PNG and EXR save formats to the IPR window save options.
- New material preview in the IPR window. Octane for Lightwave can display a "Shader ball" preview of the current material after each change in the IPR window. There is a new button in the IPR window ("Sh.Ball") to enable the material preview. User needs to tweak some parameter in the material node editor to see the preview. It is possible to pause the IPR rendering and the material preview will continue updating.
- Four new parameters in the Options tab of the plugin options panel to control the IPR shader balls rendering: preview resolution, shape type, samples and preview object size. Please note that some things are not compatible with changes in the object size, like image maps, always mapped at the same scale.
- New functions to display a Octane material preview shader ball in the standard Lightwave surface editor. Also now this Octane shader ball is used as icon when the user store the surfaces in the presets shelf. The global parameters used by the IPR shader balls to control the preview samples and the object size are used to control the surface editor shader balls.
- New option in the plugin options panel to enable/disable the rendering of the Octane shader balls in the surface editor*BUGS FIXED IN THE 1.20.6 RELEASE*
- Objects with mix of surfaces with UVMAP nodes and native UV maps show problems in the IPR update. Fixed.
- Objects with very small triangles crash while updating geometry or UVMAP node information if IPR is running. Fixed.
- Some objects with UVMAP node in the materials can crash Layout or Modeler while loading them. Fixed.
- UVMAP node "Autosize" function crash in Modeler. Fixed.
- Fixed the camera stuttering problem in big scenes.
- Fixed all "E" envelopes in nodes that are percent values, but show a scalar envelope graph.
- The "About" window show a wrong plugin version. Fixed for version 1.2
- The "Octane_Object_Properties" custom plugin fail at load. Fixed, there was a problem with the plugin name.
- In Lightwave 11.6 user can connect the Octane custom node input/output pins to or from anything. A user error connecting nodes could crash the plugin. Fixed.
- Fixed a memory leak after abort the rendering.
- When material override is activated in the editor & the object plugin is added to bypass the override... Any surfaces changes ie: colour, texture, anything won't update in IPR until you hit 'reload'. Fixed.
- Little optimization in the IPR refresh speed when compositing is enabled
- Added a envelope group for the render target node editor
- Execute the "Package Scene" command with the IPR running crash Layout. Fixed.
- Image sequences doesn't work as compositing background or foreground images. Octane always render the same image of the sequence. Fixed.