This is the 6th and hopefully last release candidate build of Octane 2020.2. Note that this is is still not a production build so please do not use this for production purposes.
This release includes all features which will be part of the final 2020.2 stable release. This includes fixes from issues you reported in previous builds as well as some functional updates according to your feedback.
Should you find any issues with this release please report using this thread so we can make sure we provide you with the best feedback.
Make sure to use a NVIDIA Studio driver with version at least 456.38 on Windows or 455.23 on Linux to use this version. No driver updates are required for macOS 10.13 (CUDA).
This version supports the new NVIDIA Ampere architecture on Windows and Linux. Kepler cards with compute model lower than 3.5 are just supported on macOS.
Changes since OctaneRender 2020.2 RC5:
- Added blend mode Stamp to the composite texture node.
- Tweaked appearance and naming of the blend modes of the composite texture node.
- Added support to import RGB/RGBA vertex attributes from Alembic files. Be aware that the alpha component of RGBA attributes is discarded as in Octane, textures only can produce a spectrum, an RGB color or a greyscale value.
- Added option to enable/disable imaging and post processing to the render and image AOV output nodes.
- Added alpha value to color AOV output node.
- Added additional entries for info passes that can be normalized (under Info passes normalized) to the render AOV output node.
- Fixed issue causing multilayer materials not being sampled correctly when using dirt when RTX is enabled.
- Fixed layer opacity not affecting the diffuse contribution in direct light calculation which affected the direct diffuse AOV and the denoiser (see viewtopic.php?p=393388#p393388).
- Fixed network render nodes failing with scenes that contain composite texture nodes.
- Fixed render stall caused by using RTX + wireframe pass + layered material.
- Fixed render fail caused by the denoiser running out of GPU memory.
- Fixed nested dielectric not entering the medium while exiting from a higher priority surface when there are more than 1 entry in the priority list (see viewtopic.php?p=393990#p393990).
- Fixed transparency issue with meshes showing up inside doubly nested specular material meshes.
- Fixed universal material not rendering the correct BSDF type when we have a single specular BSDF lobe.
- Fixed rendering of the gradient texture if the interpolation mode is constant (see viewtopic.php?p=393698#p393698): The problem was that if the input texture has exactly the value of a control point the gradient texture was still evaluating to the color of the next lower control point.
- Fixed the handling of normal maps with the channel inverter texture node (see viewtopic.php?p=394003#p394003).
- Fixed evaluation of Input A and Input B of the comparison texture, if used in the normal map channel.
- Fixed evaluation of the composite texture when used in a normal channel.
- Fixed non-deterministic placement of chaos texture which depended on the GPU architecture.
- Fixed direct lighting in scenes with meshes that have more than 1 emitting material (see viewtopic.php?p=394149#p394149).
- Fixed a bug where the post processing is not applied to Output AOVs if the post processing pass is enabled.
- Fixed saturate to white settings for output AOVs.
- Fixed file name label not being initialized correctly for script components in the node inspector.
Downloads for Enterprise subscription users:
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.2 RC6 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.2 RC6 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.2 RC6 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.2 RC6 Standalone for macOS (CUDA)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.2 RC6 Node Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.2 RC6 Node for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.2 RC6 Node for Linux
OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.2 RC6 Node for macOS (CUDA)
Downloads for Studio subscription users:
OctaneRender Studio 2020.2 RC6 Standalone for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.2 RC6 Standalone for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Studio 2020.2 RC6 Standalone for Linux
OctaneRender Studio 2020.2 RC6 Standalone for macOS (CUDA)
Your OTOY team