This release fixes more bugs and updates OctaneBench. We are currently updating the OctaneBench website (https://render.otoy.com/octanebench/) to the new version, but the results of OctaneBench 2.17 will still be accessible after the update.
You can find an overview of all new major features of 3.06 in this thread.
Changes since version 3.06.1:
- Added warning to the batch render script if you have "save all enabled render passes" enabled, but no
%pin the file template.
- Updated the OctaneBench resources.
- Fixed missing illumination when the sampling rate of an emitter is set to 0.
- Fixed broken wireframe rendering when the baking camera is used,
- Fixed bug in the batch render job graph that disconnected render target nodes if a scene doesn't have animation.
- Fixed invalid error message when you try to pick a camera target or focus while using a baking camera.
- Fixed crash when a project gets loaded, but there is no main window (for example in the benchmark script).
- Lua: Extended
octane.render.PROPS_RENDER_DEVICEto contain the current error state of the render device and its memory statistics.
- Lua: Fixed
LuaBitmapwhich didn't display images correctly on OSX.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Demo version downloads
demo version for Windows (installer)
demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Photoshop workflow plugin download
You can download and install the plugin either via the Adobe Exchange platform (the latest version still needs to be approved by Adobe, so it may take some time to show up) or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.
Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)
Your OTOY NZ Team