Had constant OctaneServer crashes on camera move, asked AI to debug it and it gave this md file with bug report.
I also had to compile zlib from the repo, it doesn't work with the one I have in my system
- OS: CachyOS (Arch), kernel 7.2.4-3-cachyos
- GPU: NVIDIA RTX 5060 Ti 16GB
- Driver: 615.71.09
- Octane: 2026.4 / 31.10-stable (Prime), build 15030000
- Host: Blender 5.2.2 LTS
- Crash: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR, `this == nullptr` in
`ApiItem::isNode()` from `batchUpdateConsumerLoop()`; second core in
`RecurseItemXml()`
- Trigger: camera movement in the viewport after scene load
Octane crash on Linux
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.
All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.
All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
- Attachments
-
- RACE_HARDENING.txt
- (17.22 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
- linograndiotoy

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm
Could you please share your scene and exact steps to reproduce the crash? Does it only happen on Linux?
Thanks!
Thanks!
Thank you for answering, I sent blend file to your PM, and there's also octane_log.txt file in attachments to this postlinograndiotoy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:45 am Could you please share your scene and exact steps to reproduce the crash? Does it only happen on Linux?
Thanks!
- Attachments
-
- octane_log.7z
- (10.87 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
- linograndiotoy

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm
I've loaded your scene and I noticed you're not using Blender 5.2, but a more recent version, probably still not supporterd by the current Octane addon.
While we are at this, why PMC kernel rendering stops at 970-980 samples? There's no gpu utilization, but rendering is still goinglinograndiotoy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:24 pm I've loaded your scene and I noticed you're not using Blender 5.2, but a more recent version, probably still not supporterd by the current Octane addon.
- linograndiotoy

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm
Could you please check whether Octane’s AI denoiser is enabled? It isn’t compatible with the PMC kernel. If it’s enabled, please disable denoising and try rendering again to see whether it still stalls around 970–980 samples.
For general rendering, I’d normally recommend Path Tracing, or Photon Tracing if caustics are important. PMC can be useful in specific cases involving difficult indirect lighting or caustics, but it can take considerably longer to converge. Is there a particular reason you’re using it for this scene?
Regardless of the kernel choice, the stall is worth investigating. Could you also confirm your Max Samples setting and whether the same scene finishes correctly with Path Tracing?
For general rendering, I’d normally recommend Path Tracing, or Photon Tracing if caustics are important. PMC can be useful in specific cases involving difficult indirect lighting or caustics, but it can take considerably longer to converge. Is there a particular reason you’re using it for this scene?
Regardless of the kernel choice, the stall is worth investigating. Could you also confirm your Max Samples setting and whether the same scene finishes correctly with Path Tracing?
I use PMC because I rely mostly on world light. I was trying to use 2000 samples because of OSL lenses, they produce a lot of noise, and I don't use denoisers in general. On path tracing and photon tracing I had no issues.linograndiotoy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:01 am Could you please check whether Octane’s AI denoiser is enabled? It isn’t compatible with the PMC kernel. If it’s enabled, please disable denoising and try rendering again to see whether it still stalls around 970–980 samples.
For general rendering, I’d normally recommend Path Tracing, or Photon Tracing if caustics are important. PMC can be useful in specific cases involving difficult indirect lighting or caustics, but it can take considerably longer to converge. Is there a particular reason you’re using it for this scene?
Regardless of the kernel choice, the stall is worth investigating. Could you also confirm your Max Samples setting and whether the same scene finishes correctly with Path Tracing?
