One light on flicks off others?

Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderators: ChrisHekman, aoktar

Post Reply
BadBilly
Licensed Customer
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:50 pm

Rendering a scene with "lightning" (driven by a simple octane light) which was working fine in look dev renders, but on final renders, when the lightning flashes, other lights lose their power.
So instead of adding light to the scene, its like it drawing all fill light.

All lights have shadow visibility off (plus the two main ones do not obstruct each other), and I have been playing around with the light ID's and I can get some lights to work/ stay on but not all.

Here I have lights with Light IDs 4 and 20 enabled
Image

When I enable light ID 1
Image

Video of the issue:
https://i.imgur.com/mjjcqc5.mp4

am using Path tracing kernal, have played around with literally every setting, including switching to direct lighting kernal, and still have this issue.
Is there something I am missing?
Last edited by BadBilly on Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BadBilly
Licensed Customer
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:50 pm

A note : I thought I fixed this as the lime stayed illuminated when the lighning flashes - but with each "pass" the lime and cork actually grow darker.
My only work around at the moment is to do seperate renders and overlay the clips and do "lighten" blend mode in post.
Post Reply

Return to “Maxon Cinema 4D”