RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Forums: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby KlaNDaH » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:19 pm

KlaNDaH Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:19 pm
Another test with 5x RTX 2070 (MSI Aero). Already beating the 3000 with RTX on!
I think these cards price/performance is difficult to beat. Same price of two 2080Ti and I doubt you can get this performance with just two of them!
Really looking forward to the 2019 release!
Attachments
Octanebench5xRTX2070.JPG
KlaNDaH
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby KonstantinosD » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:16 am

KonstantinosD Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:16 am
Here we go!

Very happy with these, got two PC's running on the network, so double that which is insane for four cards! All watercooled. Max temps 45-47C!
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
2X Win10 PRO, Asus ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha, AMD 2990WX , 64GB ram, 2X 2080ti, all watercooled, custom loop.
KonstantinosD
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:18 am

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby ramone163 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:55 pm

ramone163 Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:55 pm
1080ti - Octanebench 4 = 212 score
1080ti - OctaneBench 2019 Preview = 165 score.
I see that people have a higher score with RTX, but why we have lower score without RTX?
GPU: 980+1080+1080Ti; 3ds max;
Behance portfolio; Handmadefont.com;
ramone163
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby indi_80 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:56 pm

indi_80 Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:56 pm
Is anyone who successfully use laptop with GTX onboard and eGPU for RTX. I seen earlier in this thread there was some problems (egpu RTX was not recognize as rtx ready)

Is there a possibility to use together old gtx cards and rtx with "rtx ON" (EDIT: i found this in another thread: Octane automatically uses RTX HW acceleration for those cards that support it and the regular tracing method for GTX cards, so if you have a mix so you don't need to compromise anything and will be able to use all available resources.)

But still cant find ansfer for first question ;-(
Last edited by indi_80 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MSI 83 VF 6RF 2x1080 SLI
indi_80
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 am

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby itsallgoode9 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:14 pm

itsallgoode9 Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:14 pm
I'm having an issue getting my cards to show up as RTX. I have the latest driver (436.48--I tried both studio and game drivers) and I get no RTX checkmark. Any thoughts on what the issue is? I have 2080ti x2 and 1080 x1
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:04 am
Location: New York City

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby franchais » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 am

franchais Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:48 am
KlaNDaH wrote:Another test with 5x RTX 2070 (MSI Aero). Already beating the 3000 with RTX on!
I think these cards price/performance is difficult to beat. Same price of two 2080Ti and I doubt you can get this performance with just two of them!
Really looking forward to the 2019 release!


Are these the gtx2070 super version?
I7 2600k | EVGA gtx 680 FTW 4gb | Win 7 x64 | 16gb RAM
franchais
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby indi_80 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm

indi_80 Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm
mojave wrote:Hi Gianni,

We have noticed other users using also your same EGPU solution that have come across the same issue. It seems that the driver does not report the GPU as an RTX device.

We will investigate but it may require NVidia's support so will post it here when there's any feedback.

Thank you.


Any updates on this issue?
MSI 83 VF 6RF 2x1080 SLI
indi_80
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 am

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby glimpse » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:48 pm

glimpse Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:48 pm
indi_80 wrote:
mojave wrote:Hi Gianni,

We have noticed other users using also your same EGPU solution that have come across the same issue. It seems that the driver does not report the GPU as an RTX device.

We will investigate but it may require NVidia's support so will post it here when there's any feedback.

Thank you.


Any updates on this issue?



most EGPUs have x4 lanes internally, that might be a possible an issue. Will try if having less lanes do have any impact on RTX to show..
User avatar
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby indi_80 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:08 pm

indi_80 Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:08 pm
glimpse wrote:
indi_80 wrote:
mojave wrote:Hi Gianni,

We have noticed other users using also your same EGPU solution that have come across the same issue. It seems that the driver does not report the GPU as an RTX device.

We will investigate but it may require NVidia's support so will post it here when there's any feedback.

Thank you.


Any updates on this issue?



most EGPUs have x4 lanes internally, that might be a possible an issue. Will try if having less lanes do have any impact on RTX to show..


"x4 lanes internally" oh thats parameter is new for me, i know there is many ways to connect egpu to laptop via m.2, mini PCie, express card and via Thunderbolt. I'm looking to by egpu via Thunderbolt but can't find this parameter on any spec?!? What should i looking for in tech spec for egpu?
MSI 83 VF 6RF 2x1080 SLI
indi_80
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 am

Re: RTX OctaneBench 2019 Preview

Postby dinf » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:17 pm

dinf Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:17 pm
This thread started a year ago. So is there anything going on with RTX OctaneBench, somehow?
| Win 10 | 96 GB RAM | Dual Xeon E5-2690 | RTX 2070 Super | C4D 21| C4Doctane v2020| Houdini 18 | OctaneH v2020 |
dinf
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: Germany
PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:56 pm [ UTC ]