This is the latest stable release of the OctaneRender™ 4.04 for LightWave™ plugin version 4.04.0.0, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3, 2018.0 and 2019.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build has been compiled using the Octane 4.04 core.
Unless you have a subscription license, you will have to upgrade your version 3 licenses to version 4. This upgrade is free and can be done via these 4 steps:
- Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
- Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
- Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
- Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 419 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 4, please check out our blog post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:
- Overhauled geometry engine that dramatically reduces compilation times.
- Support for out-of-core geometry.
- AI Light: Improved sampling of emitters, which is a lot more effective than the old method if you have many small emitters that have only a fairly local effect.
- AI Denoiser: Cleans up your render, which can dramatically cut render times.
- Global light inclusion/exclusion.
- Light linking: Allows the inclusion/exclusion of light IDs in the object layer nodes, which can be used to control the direct influence of emitters on objects.
- Universal material: Merges the properties of the diffuse, glossy, specular and metal materials into one material.
- UDIM support via the new image tile mode in the texture image node.
- Dirt support in the info channel passes / kernel.
- Overall performance improvements in the render engine and in loading HDR and OBJ files.
- Support to capture direct and indirect light separately in the light render passes.
- Support for emission on sphere primitives.
- Planetary environment node.
Release 4.04.0.0 regular license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zip
Release 4.04.0.1 subscription license (Version 4.04.0.1 Updated to support network rendering!)
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zip
Release 4.04.0.0 demo builds
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... 4_demo.zip
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... X_demo.zip
Standalone 4.04 version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... 04_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg
RELEASE 4.04.0.1 (VR SUBSCRIPTION ONLY)
* PLUGIN FEATURES AND FIXES:
- Addressed the support of the network rendering in the vr subscription builds.
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed a dongle activation issue.
- Fixed exporting scenes from plugins that contain animated transforms with zero matrices.
- Fixed a crash when stopping render, and then previewing a material in the node stack. This also caused crashes in plugins that use the same mechanism to render thumbnails and material preview tiles.
- Fixed a crash during activation on some machines with RAID setups.
- Fixed denoiser black pixels.
* PLUGIN FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed the problems related to the wrong ordering or mising UDIM textures.
- New volumetrics phase node that can be used to animate this parameter in the volume and scattering medium nodes.
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed black pixels from denoiser.
- Added sheen and coating normal and bump maps.
- Fixed volume step length being locked to 4 when using absorption or scattering medium with alpha shadows disabled.
- Fixed caustic blur for clear coat layer of universal material.
- Fixed "visible on specular" emitter option when used with universal material.
- Fixed black material render on Octane BRDF when using 0 roughness.
- Allow greyscale images as opacity maps, as it was in V3.
- Fixed "affects alpha" option of specular materials when "keep environment" is enabled. (fixed the refraction pass erroneously including the environment in that case)
- Fixed universal material (transmission only) with roughness 0 rendering incorrectly.
- Fixed excessive noise in universal material when used with a medium node.
- Increased max number of alpha intersections, which fixes some scenes that have a lot of alpha maps.
Your OTOY Team