This is the latest stable release of the OctaneRender™ 4.02 for LightWave™ plugin version 4.02.1.0, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3, 2018.0 and 2019.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build has been compiled using the Octane 4.02.1 core.
Unless you have a subscription license, you will have to upgrade your version 3 licenses to version 4. This upgrade is free and can be done via these 4 steps:
- Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
- Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
- Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
- Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 387 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 4, please check out our blog post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:
- Overhauled geometry engine that dramatically reduces compilation times.
- Support for out-of-core geometry.
- AI Light: Improved sampling of emitters, which is a lot more effective than the old method if you have many small emitters that have only a fairly local effect.
- AI Denoiser: Cleans up your render, which can dramatically cut render times.
- Global light inclusion/exclusion.
- Light linking: Allows the inclusion/exclusion of light IDs in the object layer nodes, which can be used to control the direct influence of emitters on objects.
- Universal material: Merges the properties of the diffuse, glossy, specular and metal materials into one material.
- UDIM support via the new image tile mode in the texture image node.
- Dirt support in the info channel passes / kernel.
- Overall performance improvements in the render engine and in loading HDR and OBJ files.
- Support to capture direct and indirect light separately in the light render passes.
- Support for emission on sphere primitives.
- Planetary environment node.
Release 4.02.1.0 regular license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zip
Release 4.02.1.0 subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zip
Release 4.02.1.0 demo builds
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... 4_demo.zip
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... X_demo.zip
Standalone 4.02.1 version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _1_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed emission when used with mix materials.
- Fixed volume step length being incorrect when alpha shadows is disabled.
- Fixed potential issue when rendering more than 256 volume instances.
- Fixed "Automatic" pixel format setting which would still load 32 bit float EXR images and HDR images as 16 bit.
- Fixed network rendering with deep images
Your OTOY Team