OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1

Forums: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1
VIP Information, news and announcements regarding new Octane Render commercial products and releases.

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:12 am

bepeg4d Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:12 am
hi Fabian,
which exact version of OsX, CUDA drivers, and Nvidia GPU drivers have you installed?
ciao Beppe
User avatar
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 7325
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 am
Location: Italy

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby fabian19 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 am

fabian19 Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 am
bepeg4d wrote:hi Fabian,
which exact version of OsX, CUDA drivers, and Nvidia GPU drivers have you installed?
ciao Beppe


Hi Beppe,

i have mocOS Sierra, 10.12.6, CUDA 387,178 and NVIDIA 378.05.0525f01 with 2x1070ti GTX

regards,

Fabian
fabian19
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:20 am

bepeg4d Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:20 am
Hi Fabian,
please update also the Nvidia GPU drivers to 387.05.05.25f08:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 3916/en-us
ciao Beppe
User avatar
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 7325
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 am
Location: Italy

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby fabian19 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:46 am

fabian19 Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:46 am
bepeg4d wrote:Hi Fabian,
please update also the Nvidia GPU drivers to 387.05.05.25f08:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 3916/en-us
ciao Beppe


Hi Beppe,

i only can install the f09 version, f08 seems not to be compatible for my system. ( i have 16G1408 )

With f09 i have the same problems.

Updating GPU stuff at macOS is always PITA .. :-)

Cheers,

Fabian
fabian19
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:57 pm

bepeg4d Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:57 pm
Hi,
oops, forgot to apply the latest Security update.
Anyway here 378.05.05.25f09 has worked as expected on Mac Pro 4.1 and 10.12.6 (16G1408) with CUDA 387.178:
Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 16.54.27.jpg

ciao Beppe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 7325
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 am
Location: Italy

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby fabian19 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:43 pm

fabian19 Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:43 pm
Hi Beppe,

does the daemon works too at your machine ? i still have no luck..

cheers,

Fabian
fabian19
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby abstrax » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:40 pm

abstrax Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:40 pm
fabian19 wrote:Hi Beppe,

does the daemon works too at your machine ? i still have no luck..

cheers,

Fabian

Please try disabling "power nap" in the energy system preferences. We had some issues in the past where "power nap" slowed down the slave so much that the heartbeat is not arriving fast enough at the daemon and thus the daemon thinks that the slave has died and kills it. Let us know if that doesn't work.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
User avatar
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 5141
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:01 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby fabian19 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:30 am

fabian19 Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:30 am
abstrax wrote:
fabian19 wrote:Hi Beppe,

does the daemon works too at your machine ? i still have no luck..

cheers,

Fabian

Please try disabling "power nap" in the energy system preferences. We had some issues in the past where "power nap" slowed down the slave so much that the heartbeat is not arriving fast enough at the daemon and thus the daemon thinks that the slave has died and kills it. Let us know if that doesn't work.


Hi,

powernap was already disabled. can i send you some more debug information ? is there --debug build in the daemon ?

Cheers,

Fabian
fabian19
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby frankmci » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:34 am

frankmci Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:34 am
fabian19 wrote:
bepeg4d wrote:Hi Fabian,
please update also the Nvidia GPU drivers to 387.05.05.25f08:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 3916/en-us
ciao Beppe


Hi Beppe,

i only can install the f09 version, f08 seems not to be compatible for my system. ( i have 16G1408 )

With f09 i have the same problems.

Updating GPU stuff at macOS is always PITA .. :-)

Cheers,

Fabian


For what it's worth, I'm running:

Octane 3.08.1
Mac Pro 6,1
OS X 10.12.6 (16G1114)
CUDA Driver 387.178
NVIDIA Web Driver 378.05.05.25f04
GTX 1080 Ti

... and all seems to be well.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: OctaneRender™ Standalone 3.08.1 [current 3.xx]

Postby abstrax » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:19 pm

abstrax Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:19 pm
fabian19 wrote:
abstrax wrote:
fabian19 wrote:Hi Beppe,

does the daemon works too at your machine ? i still have no luck..

cheers,

Fabian

Please try disabling "power nap" in the energy system preferences. We had some issues in the past where "power nap" slowed down the slave so much that the heartbeat is not arriving fast enough at the daemon and thus the daemon thinks that the slave has died and kills it. Let us know if that doesn't work.


Hi,

powernap was already disabled. can i send you some more debug information ? is there --debug build in the daemon ?

Cheers,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Yes there is a way to enable logging into a file for the net render slave and daemon. For that you would need a text file for each of these that define a bunch of log flags which will hopefully shed some light onto the issue:

- Please open the OctaneRender Daemon 3.08.1 bundle and then copy the content of the attached ZIP file into the sub-folder Contents/MacOS. It's basically two text files defining the log flags for the daemon and the slave.
- If the daemon is still running, change into its terminal and press CTRL-C to stop it.
- Then restart the net render daemon.
- Both the net render daemon and slave will start logging into the files octane_daemon_log.txt and octane_log.txt. You might find those files either in the application folder (if you've got write permissions to it) or under your user folder in ~/Library/Caches/octane_slave_daemon and ~/Library/Caches/octane_slave.

The try to reproduce your problem and when it happens, please send me the log files so I can investigate what's going on.

Cheers,
Marcus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
User avatar
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 5141
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:01 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Product News & Releases (Download here)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:26 am [ UTC ]