This update contains all the changes in the Octane 3.02 release
The 2.x and 3.x plugins cannot be simultaneously installed with the same copy of SketchUp. Installing the 3.x plugin should replace the 2.x plugin if you already have it, although we recommend uninstalling any existing plugins first. If you install the 3.x plugin and want to go back to 2.x, you will need to fully uninstall the plugin before reinstalling 2.x.
Changes in the Octane 3 SketchUp plugin are mostly internal to the Octane rendering code; the SketchUp side of the application works pretty much the same as it did in the 2.x plugin. Changes to better integrate the new Octane features with the SketchUp user interface will be added in future releases, but this initial release is essentially the new Octane 3 rendering code integrated into the existing SketchUp plugin.Major Changes (since 2.x)
* Like the Octane 3 standalone version, the SketchUp plugin uses the new single sign-on system. You still need to have purchased a license for the SketchUp plugin, but it will now be checked automatically when you log in using your Otoy account credentials; you no longer need to keep track of user IDs and passwords for individual licenses.
* Because most rendered images are now stored in your computer's main RAM instead of your video card's RAM (see the section on host film buffers in the Octane 3 feature list), all Octane 3 applications, including the SketchUp plugin, will frequently use a good deal more memory than their Octane 2 equivalents, especially for high resolution renders. You should keep this in mind when upgrading.
* The new authorization management window is a modal dialog where the user can sign out and sign in. It also informs the you under which name you are signed in and if that sign-in was in offline or online mode. When a user signs out, all of your licenses which were activated on this computer will be deactivated. This requires that all these licenses are currently not in use by other Octane processes. If that's not the case the sign out will fail.SketchUp Version
- The plugin requires SketchUp 2015 or 2016 for Windows x64.
- SketchUp 2016 is recommended.
- If you are using SketchUp 2015, remember to select this when installing the plugin.
- If you have multiple versions of SketchUp, plugins are installed separately for each version.
- The plugin is not compatible with any x86 (32-bit) version of SketchUp.System Requirements
- 64-bit Intel or AMD CPU.
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 for x64.
- Windows 10 compatibility is still provisional; Windows 8 or 8.1 is recommended.
- One or more recent model Nvidia GPU cards.
- Nvidia drivers 353.x or later; CUDA 7.5 support is required.More Information
- SketchUp plugin manual (2.x)
- New features in Octane 3.0 (manual)
- New features in Octane 3.0 (forum)
- Octane 3.0 release notes
- Octane 3.01 release notes
- Octane 3.02 release notes
- Post your questions here on this forum thread!Support Information
If you have a support issue, please provide the following information:
- Operating system (e.g. Windows 8.1 x64)
- CPU type (e.g. Intel Core i7)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics cards - model (e.g. Nvidia GTX 690 with 4GB)
- Nvidia driver version (e.g. 365.10)
- SketchUp version (e.g. SketchUp Pro 2016 version 16.1.1449 64-bit)
- OctaneRender for SketchUp version (e.g. 22.214.171.124)
The most important part of resolving a problem is our being able to reproduce the problem, so please provide as much detail as possible!Download Links
- Current 3.x beta release
- Current 3.x demo release
- Current 2.x release
- Current 2.x demo releaseRelease Notes
- Compiled with Octane 3.02.0 SDK.
- Compiled with Octane 3.01.1 SDK.
- Compiled with Octane 3.01 release SDK.
- Added authorization management window
- Compiled with Octane 3.0 release SDK.
- Compiled with Octane 3.0.0 beta 4.
- Added a demo version.
- Compiled with Octane 3.0.0 beta 1.
- Internal changes to texture rendering, LiveDB access, and licensing for compatibility with Octane 3 API changes.