I'm extremely excited about this however I use Daz Studio.

Forums: I'm extremely excited about this however I use Daz Studio.
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

I'm extremely excited about this however I use Daz Studio.

Postby dwindt » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:06 pm

dwindt Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:06 pm
I'm extremely excited about the 3 month trial and composition however I use Daz Studio. Is the Poser plug-incompatible with Daz Studio 4.7 or 4.8?

Regardless, freaking well in. Great job and am saving passionately to purchase what appears to be an amazing renderer. Bit difficult with the rand what it is. Tell you what, give me an excellent discount and i'll let you guys beat the Springbucks in the world cup. Lol! Damn, there goes my discount.
dwindt

Re: I'm extremely excited about this however I use Daz Studio.

Postby linvanchene » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:51 am

linvanchene Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:51 am
dwindt wrote:I'm extremely excited about the 3 month trial and composition however I use Daz Studio. Is the Poser plug-incompatible with Daz Studio 4.7 or 4.8?

Hello Dwindt

The OctaneRender plugin for Poser is not compatible with any DAZ Studio version.

There is a separate OctaneRender plugin for DAZ Studio (OcDS).
The OcDS plugin is not available for the 3 month trial and currently in an unfinished beta state.

- - -

My personal recommendation is to use the 3 month trial to get familiar with the OctaneVR version.
OctaneVR will let you learn all the basics and even advanced features that are not yet included in the OcDS plugin version.

By the time you are familar with the functions of the OctaneVR version an updated stable version for the OctaneRender plugin for DAZ Studio may be available.
Current speculation is that an OcDS plugin update may happen after the official release of DAZ Studio 4.8.

Keep an eye on the DAZ Studio plugin forum threads to stay updated on the state of the plugin:

viewforum.php?f=44

- - -

Enjoy your OctaneVR trial!

greetings, lin
Win 10 Pro 64bit | Rendering: 2 x ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TURBO | Asus RTX NVLink Bridge 4-Slot | Intel Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99-E WS| 64 GB RAM
FAQ: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio - FAQ link collection
linvanchene
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: I'm extremely excited about this however I use Daz Studio.

Postby dwindt » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:41 pm

dwindt Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:41 pm
Much obliged for the response. I'm waiting for my bandwidth renewal tomorrow and i'll excitedly download the trial. Thanks again for a wonderful package and opportunity.
dwindt

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion