FrankPooleFloating wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before: could you be rendering something in LW Octane on one GPU AND be rendering something else in Octane Standalone on another GPU?... I do not think I would hardly ever do this, but would be good to know if I was in a real pinch - and needed to multitask my renderings to get out of a jam...
pinochio wrote:This is looking very very nice, Juanjo.
And a few questions:
1. When do you think the public beta will come out?
2. Documentation wise, I was thinking how the docs will look like. Closer to the octane documentation, with an explanation of the Octane features and the sister lightwave implementation? Will we be able to translate the same settings in lightwave implementation from the standalone version? Also, maybe explanations compared to the lightwave standard nodes?
3. Maybe not from the V1.0, do you think that`ll be possible to automaticaly export/convert octane scenes and/or materials to the lightwave implementation? And the other way around too?
4. Maybe some videotutorials?
5. And of course, demo/example scenes?
Thanks again, for your work.
This is getting harder and harder to wait.
3- This may be very complex, even impossible. Octane render has nothing to do with LW render, there are a lot of compatibility issues, a lot of materials not supported, all LW CPU nodes not supported, etc. ... you must think that Octane is other engine, and needs it's own scene, lighting and materials setup.
pinochio wrote:Thanks for answers.
Regarding nr. 3: If the automatic conversion is not possible it means the settings inside the lightwave version and standallone version may be more or less different?
The second part of the second question it was wrongly placed. I think it was more related to question nr. 3: Will we be able to translate the same settings in lightwave implementation from the standalone version?
P.S. - The answer to the first question it was totally unsatisfactory. I was expecting a very precise date.
I`m joking. I think, no matter how excited we are, being ready when it`s ready is the best approach, inclusive for us, the customers. So, in my IMHO, take your time and release it only when you think it`s right.
juanjgon wrote:Sorry, I didn't understand well your 3 question ... I was thinking about convert Lightwave scene to Octane scenes. You can't load Standalone scenes into Lightwave, but all settings are the same ... you work inside Lightwave with the same nodes and the same parameters and settings you have in the Standalone app.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests