We are proud to announce OctaneRender™ Standalone 1.10.
New features since 1.00
- New daylight model.
- Orthographic camera.
- Improved sampling of environment maps, which will reduce the noise in scenes where most light is coming from the environment.
- Added matte option to materials to make a material transparent unless it lies in the shadow of another object.
- Glare and bloom post-processing effects for a more convincing display of bright highlights in the rendered image.
- White balance setting with white point picker.
- Added software display mode for use on systems where using OpenGL is leading to crashes.
- Added a log window with additional diagnostic information when errors occur.
- Improvements in the node graph editor: better performance on big scenes, and you can reveal any node in the node inspector or outliner in the node graph editor.
- Faster OBJ parser.
Limitations on old cards
The PMC kernel and the matte material options don't work on old graphics cards (GTX 2xx, compute model < 2.0).
You can download the stable releases in your customer area in the Downloads section.