ivankio wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding Otoy's adventures and spaghetti marketing. I would like to see at least one of what has been buzzed on twitter and other channels for months. I thought it was something from the future (for the lack of any image), but now there's a contest already? Here's what I think I understood:
- OculusVR is OctaneRender running on the cloud (wasn't it X.IO, amazon cloud AMI or something like that?). But why is it called VR?
- I could use OctaneRender/VR to output .orbx files that would be seen only on a ORBX or Oculus player.
- ORBX is a panorama/video player only accessible on GearVR?
- I have no idea if that .ORBX is pre-rendered 2d image with fake paralaxe or what. I have no idea what VR panorama/videos are. How can it solve stereo and rotation of head?
- I could package .orbx without rendering, so I suppose orbx is the scene. Then I suppose it's rendered in realtime only from the cloud or what? Packaging have no options, camera to set or whatever.
I'm a big fan of Octane Render, but I'm really confused on what Otoy is trying to make happen with VR. Can I experience anything with a DK2 or is it a GearVR thing only?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests