This is latest stable version 2.24.2 R1.2 over old stable(2.24.1-R3). As you may know that i have done lot of changes since this version as a TEST version. This version contains all changes of TEST period. I'll be happy to hear some feedbacks about your experiences on this version. So i can quickly fix any issues.
Ahmet OktarIMPORTANT INSTALL NOTES:
Due to the switch to CUDA 6.5 you will need a current graphics driver of version 344.x or higher. On Mac OSX you will need a CUDA driver of version 6.5 or higher (see http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html
). The minimum supported version of Mac OS is 10.7.
Also matching version of Standalone 2.24.2 is highly recommended.
And remove all old plugin files before installing. Any version conflict or old drivers can cause crashes
Cuda driver for Macos: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cud
... river.html BUG REPORTS
I'll be happy, if anyone can be specific with bug reports.
I need to know that plugin version/Os/HW. Last operations before crashes.
And please attach a SCENE and BUGREPORT.ZIP to reproduce and investigate your problem.
Please post your reports in topic of version which is related or use bugreports section of this forum
Thanks for contributionsImportant: You'll need to update your Cinema 4D to latest versions(16.050 and 17.048)Download the 2.24.2 R2 Windows version (R13-R17) https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... R2-win.zipDownload the 2.24.2 R2 MacOsX version (R14-R17)https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... Macosx.zipMANUAL
unzip to c4doctane directoryhttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... manual.zip Changes 2.24.2 R2
- Fix: Ignored values of some imported textures from orbx/livedb.
- Fix: Restart LV render when opengl textures updated.
- Fix: Some crashes for exportORBX parameter on commandline. Changes 2.24.2 R1.2
- Fix node editor behaviour and previews Changes 2.24.2 R1.1
- Fix: Render region on panning of LV
- Fix: Stereo mode on camera tag Changes on 2.24.2 R1
- Fix: Crash on material previews after switching the Take.
- Fix: Revisions on gui of Kernel settings
- New seperated option for colorgui and slider gui
- Pan support on LV. It works on lockres mode by LMB.
- Fixes on scatter object
- New commandline parameter for exporting whole scene as animated ORBX.
command line: "CINEMA 4D.exe" dummy.c4d -exportORBX c:\test.orbx Changes for test6
- Render settings: Get render region button added
- Floatbuffer is default on render setings.
- Some fixes on Nodeeditor.Changes for TEST5.2
- Fix: missing transform control in XYZ to UVW projection.
- Fix for copy/paste issue for mixmaterials to another scene
- Fix for uv shift on hair/density combinations.
- Object tag changes
- Fix scatter bugs, reverse z-direction on clone's childs, uv tiling fix, rotate by texture, etc..
- Solo mode enable/disable option
- Settings bug on commandline, external render managers
- Tag gui revisions
- Several minor bug fixes on plugin engineSome of changes of TEST4
- Fix: Inversed z-axis problem on scatter object and xparticles.
- Fix: Wrong object detections when used the Auto mode from render settings.
- Scatter object: Improvements for vertex mode, gui, etc... Initial support for Mograph effectors. Workflow is same as cloner anymore. Put your objects under scatter to distribute.
- Particle engine revisions. Activating of particles is done with Octane Object tag.
- Several minor fixes and gui revisionsSome of changes of TEST3
- Live Viewer Settings: Passes section removed and replaced by Passes section of Render Settings. LV settings will copied as render preset for old scenes.
- Fix: EXR compression parameters in passes section.
- Unticked diffuse color is black
- Scatter object improvements.
- Material optimisations for unused/unvisible materials on Animation Renderings
- Solo mode support.
- Fix: Crash on float-point overflows on mesh vertices
- Fix: Crash on vertex motionblur and unconstant vertex counts
- New parameter on Object tag. To quarantee the detection of geometry updates with complex setups.Some of changes of TEST2
- Scatter object: Improvements on capability, parameters and gui. Import feature for Phantom Scatter's CSV files.
- Hair engine: It's revised. Now same output on LV and PV. Also no need to add Hair VPost effect in Picture viewer. Also added an "Hair" section to Octane Object Tag. It will allow to render splines and XP Trail objects as hairs. Even with UV assignment. So you can give some gradient to produce random colors every lines.
- Several fixes on bugs.
- Revised the mix material copy/paste operations.
- Fix: Octane dialog crash issue when it's saved to layout.
.....Some of changes of TEST1
- New: Asynchronous update system. Completely revised update engine. Faster response on viewport, material editings, less delay on geometry changes.
- New: Scatter object type. Test version. It's still wip version.
- Imp: Particle engine. Works with Object tag. Support for custom objects. It's still wip version.
- Fix: Lot of small improvements on GUI.
- Fix: Restart in LV after playing with gui of materials.
- Fix: Focus Object refresh problem for single viewports
- Fix: Wrong handling mixed material system
- Fix: Support for native "Remove unused materials" command.
- Imp: Transform/projection textures. Uniform scaling.
- Fix: Hairs are same in LV as render output.
- Direct support for C4D color gui.
- Contains all fixes until 2.24.1.
- Lot of small fixes.