Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R3 (Stable) 09.10.2019

Forums: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R3 (Stable) 09.10.2019
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R2 (Stable) 07.10.2019

Postby frankmci » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:09 pm

frankmci Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:09 pm
Kalua wrote:I have been reshading some assets with some better practices and I noticed this bug that persits since V2. It's not critical but I let you know just in case.
So here you go:
A MIX shader with 2 materials that use same textures for diffuse, bump, etc (all duplicated). I decided to unify the textures in order to make it more efficient. Here is when this small bug takes place:
The renoded shader doesn't recognize the new node in it's preview window - although the final MIX preview works fine and the Live view renders just fine. To fix it you must create a new node and relink both materials inputs.
Like I said before, it's not critical but it comes a long way it persists - even though I don't use MIX shaders anymore ,with some exceptions.
Thanks for the great work!


I think I had a conversation with Ahmet a few years ago about a related issue. As I recall, he told me it is an internal limitation with the way C4D thinks about materials and their sub-components. Essentially, C4D assumes each node in the shader only has one "true" parent material and makes some assumptions and shortcuts based on that. While you can connect nodes to multiple "parent" materials, it's often only the first material that will be properly updated when a shared child node is changed. Things generally still render properly, but you may not get the feedback you expect without forcing a refresh.

Maybe once Octane's and C4D's new node based shaders are more tightly integrated, this issue can be resolved.
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R2 (Stable) 07.10.2019

Postby Kalua » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:34 pm

Kalua Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:34 pm
frankmci wrote:
Kalua wrote:I have been reshading some assets with some better practices and I noticed this bug that persits since V2. It's not critical but I let you know just in case.
So here you go:
A MIX shader with 2 materials that use same textures for diffuse, bump, etc (all duplicated). I decided to unify the textures in order to make it more efficient. Here is when this small bug takes place:
The renoded shader doesn't recognize the new node in it's preview window - although the final MIX preview works fine and the Live view renders just fine. To fix it you must create a new node and relink both materials inputs.
Like I said before, it's not critical but it comes a long way it persists - even though I don't use MIX shaders anymore ,with some exceptions.
Thanks for the great work!


I think I had a conversation with Ahmet a few years ago about a related issue. As I recall, he told me it is an internal limitation with the way C4D thinks about materials and their sub-components. Essentially, C4D assumes each node in the shader only has one "true" parent material and makes some assumptions and shortcuts based on that. While you can connect nodes to multiple "parent" materials, it's often only the first material that will be properly updated when a shared child node is changed. Things generally still render properly, but you may not get the feedback you expect without forcing a refresh.

Maybe once Octane's and C4D's new node based shaders are more tightly integrated, this issue can be resolved.


Thanks for sharing.
C4D 20.059 Octane 2018.3 R2 l 3x 1080 l Windows 10, i7-3770K, 32 GB RAM l NVIDIA SD 431.86
https://www.behance.net/PaperArchitect
User avatar
Kalua
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:13 am
Location: Caribbean Sea

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R2 (Stable) 07.10.2019

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:14 am

bepeg4d Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:14 am
CrusaderArts wrote:Hi,

Seems like Toon Materials have a problem with this release.

I keep getting these errors when making a toon material:

Code: Select all
Started logging on 08.10.19 13:17:07

OctaneRender Enterprise 2019.1.1 (6000101)

CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> kernel synchronization failed
device 0: preview failed
CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> failed to deallocate device memory
CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> could not get memory info
CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> failed to deallocate device memory
CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> could not get memory info
CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> failed to deallocate device memory
CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> could not get memory info
CUDA error 700 on device 1: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> failed to unload module
CUDA error 700 on device 1: an illegal memory access was encountered
  -> failed to create link


Is this a known issue?

There is an issue with Toon material in the general 2019.1.1 SDK, that will be fixed in the next SDK version.
ciao Beppe
User avatar
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 6648
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 am
Location: Italy

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R2 (Stable) 07.10.2019

Postby NVN » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:11 am

NVN Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:11 am
lol stable????

i used it 3 times with round egdes aktivated and it crashed always immediately ...
looks more than as a alpha
User avatar
NVN
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R2 (Stable) 07.10.2019

Postby aoktar » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:57 am

aoktar Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:57 am
NVN wrote:lol stable????

i used it 3 times with round egdes aktivated and it crashed always immediately ...
looks more than as a alpha

Plugin is stable since long long time, you're using same plugin for V4/V5/V6 mostly. Having a crash from the Renderer doesn't mean that's alpha/beta/... And I don't see any crashes like you.
Please post this kinda criticisms to standalone topic. Don't force me answer the issues and posts similar this.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12502
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R3 (Stable) 09.10.2019

Postby aoktar » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:09 pm

aoktar Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:09 pm
I've updated the version to 2019.1.1-R3 with some fixes.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12502
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R3 (Stable) 09.10.2019

Postby SSmolak » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:47 am

SSmolak Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:47 am
NVLink still doesn't work. Peers settings are reseting after closing device dialog.
---------------------------------------
Architectural Visualizations
www.atlantis-arts.com
User avatar
SSmolak
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:41 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R3 (Stable) 09.10.2019

Postby tomsvfx » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:42 pm

tomsvfx Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:42 pm
There seems to be a bug where reising Octane LiveViewer windows while rendering crashed c4d and freezes Windows UI (cant do anything with mouse, but can open start menu or task amanger with shortcuts and kill C4D task)
User avatar
tomsvfx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 pm
Location: Riga

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R3 (Stable) 09.10.2019

Postby aoktar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 pm

aoktar Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:45 pm
tomsvfx wrote:There seems to be a bug where reising Octane LiveViewer windows while rendering crashed c4d and freezes Windows UI (cant do anything with mouse, but can open start menu or task amanger with shortcuts and kill C4D task)

I didn't see that. How heavy is your scene? What's render speed and what's gpus/drivers/versions?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
User avatar
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer
 
Posts: 12502
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 pm
Location: Türkiye

Re: Cinema 4D version 2019.1.1-R3 (Stable) 09.10.2019

Postby LOVEXMEDIA » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:09 pm

LOVEXMEDIA Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:09 pm
I am having pretty solid stability on this build of Octane 2019. I am also on the latest Cuda driver(not sure if that factors in to overall stability but sharing is caring!) I am also on the latest to date NVidia drivers and I am using 2x 1080 ti's. My main card for my monitors is set to LOW PRIORITY. And this is all on the latest build of R21.

I was doing some SSS shaders and in previous builds it would crash consistently but with this setup it is very stable.
LOVEXMEDIA
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:19 am
PreviousNext

Return to Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:39 am [ UTC ]