Refractive Software LTD is proud to announce the availability of version 1 beta2.2 final of Octane Render.
This release is for PC's running MS Windows, Apple Mac's running Leopard or Snow Leopard or Linux Systems.
New demo versions and a demo suite are available on the demo download page.
NOTE: We have decided to make the export plugins available for demo-users when octane render goes final, as they are still in development and need some more documentation for newcommers. Currently the export plugins are only available for licensed customers.
- Code: Select all
Octane Render v1.022 beta2.2 Release Notes
Released on: Wednesday May 26 2010
Changes since v1.021 beta2.1
- Support for multiple GPUs, you can use as many GPUs as your system can handle.
They can be a mix of different types of GPUs. (Currently Nvidia Only)
- Plugins for Autodesk Maya, 3Ds Max, XSI and Blender, with Sketchup and C4D coming in development
- Recursive Textures
- Many new procedural texture nodes and mixing/scaling textures, when combined these allow for very detailed
texturing, while consuming only a few kilobytes of GPU memory.
* turbulence (aka Fbm)
* saw, triangle and sine waves for gradients
- extended command line arguments for batch rendering / network rendering
- Improved Material preview object
CHANGES and Bug Fixes since v1.021 beta2.1
- new saturation slider in the camera imager/tonemapper
- blocky horizontal artifacts/shading problem is fixed
- GPU memory management bugs solved
- it's faster. ;)
- this version refuses to open 2.1 or older scene files as they are not compatible and would only cause problems/confusion.
- bump mapping works, can be scaled with float or float2
- turbulence procedural can be scaled with float, float2 and float3
- crash on exit on windows 32bit, linux and mac should be fixed
- resolution change crashes fixed
- render display shows card having 0MB video ram on some systems (win32) fixed
- CTRL key on linux now works for panning viewport and zooming mousewheel
- focal length command line argument is working (for controlling from export/plugin scripts)
- OBJ's MTL file can contain spaces and a path (for rhino's OBJ exporter)
- linux multi-gpu works, no more error/exit
- linux and mac loading of OBJ without vertex normals is fixed (no more black objects)
- autofocus differences between single and multi-gpu modes is solved
- turntable animation without motion blur is fixed
- Rhino compatible OBJ import fixes
- Vertex normal interpolation flip in the render core fixed,
so CAD and Moi3D normals with supplied vertex normals should render with accurate shading
(you must export from Moi3D with the option to weld the edges turned off!)
- make the node inspector not jump back to the top after changing something fixed.
- UV scale float2 node issue fixed
- rgb swatch does'nt update after node parameter change fixed
- make reset camera remember last loaded camera position and last command arg given camera position fixed
- make root project tab's name update the project root node's name fixed.
- many nodegraph connections fixed
- many other bugs are fixed
Please note that this release is an incremental update towards the complete v1.0 with all planned features as on our product page.
Please post your experiences and possible issues with this release candidate in this thread.
Your help is much appreciated.
The Octane Render Team