This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.14a
(TEST RELEASE). This version is compiled against Octane 1.14, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.This test version contains some major re-working of the internal operation of the plugin, so there are likely to be some issues encountered. Pls only use this version of the plugin on test scenes - do not use it on commercial work until it has been more thoroughly tested.
This version runs on Poser9/PoserPro2012 and Poser10/PoserPro2014, on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 220.127.116.1127)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. X.XXa)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)Change Log from release 1.13u
- The scene is now loading into Octane when you open the Viewport, rather than when the Setup window is opened. So you can edit the materials etc prior to loading all the geometry
- Most settings are now saved in an XML file, so the OctaneDefault.py file is used for fewer settings. Access the new configuration via the "Setup" button
- Refresh Rate has been removed from the Setup dialog (now in the Configuration form)
- There is now an installer
- The emission pin is not "Not Connected", rather than connected to a "null emission" node
- Setup and LiveDB windows can now be resized horizontally.
- Resolution Lock is now on the Setup window rather than the Viewport, so you can change the resolution prior to opening the Viewport. This is a "remembered" setting, rather than saved indiviually against each scene
- VERY IMPORTANT : Scenes saved with this version of the plugin cannot be opened in the previous version of the plugin
- The last folder accessed for various functions are remembered between sessions. The different folders remembered include "Last Material Import/Export Folder", "Last Image File Load Folder" and "Last Image Save Folder"
- "Load/Save Imager and Kernel Settings" and resetting render options to default settings has been replaced with "Import Rendertarget Settings", "Export Rendertarget Settings", "Save as Default" and "Load from Default". The later two allow you to save a complete rendertarget (less the mesh pin) as the default settings for all new scenes. The first two allow you to load and save entire rendertargets (less the mesh pin), even whilst the render is running! This is an incredibly useful feature.
- IMPORTANT: The installer will NOT replace your existing OctaneDefaults.py file (but will install the latest for a clean install). The following parameters are no longer used from the OctaneDefaults.py file, so you can delete them if desired. DEFAULT_KERNEL, DEFAULT_APERTURE, DEFAULT_NEARCLIPDEPTH, DEFAULT_RESOLUTION_WIDTH, DEFAULT_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT, RESOLUTION_LOCK_ASPECT_RATIO_CHECKBOXKnown Issues
NoneIf you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum threadTroubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx
[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings. NOTE: This issue can also be solved by using a Low Render Priority if using a single graphics card.Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.Download
the plugin HERE