SOLUTIONS TO COMMON ISSUES
1) Make sure your NVIDIA drivers are up to date.
2) Make sure you are running the latest version of the OctaneRender for DAZStudio plugin.
3) If you experience a DAZStudio crash - deleting C:\Users\[username]\OctaneRender\Data\OctaneRender_settings.oczdb may resolve the issue.
This also resolves the "COULD NOT INITIALISE IN-MEMORY DB!" error on startup and a number of other issues.
4) If the Save button is disabled when using the Final button - disable the Final button and in Render settings select the SuperScope (2:1) Size / aspect ratio and drag the Viewport height or width until you reach required resolution.
5) If rendering an animation fails after 11 frames - make sure the DAZStudio viewport is visible when you render the animation.
6) If Octane materials are not loading when you load a previously saved scene - tick Preferences->Load OctaneRender materials from .duf user presets. If ticking this option does not stick between DAZStudio restarts, delete OctaneRender_settings.oczdb as per NOTE 3 above.
7) If you get a "Could not save a frame for X times!" - please refer to the thread at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=66258 for potential solutions.
8) If you get a "Bogus Scene Path" error - this is due to having an apostrophe in the filepath of a texturemap (so store your textures in foldernames which do not have apostrophes).
9) Octane panel title bar is off the screen and cannot be closed - click anywhere on the Octane panel and then press Alt-F4.
10) Rendering an animation results in the scene emitter intensities changing - this is because rendering animations is done in "Final" mode, where meshes are merged. To resolve this, UNTICK the Preferences->Use Combined Mesh, or ENABLE the Surface Brightness pin on each of the emission materials in the scene.
11) Denoiser is not working - make sure you have a graphics card selected for Denoising in the System tab->Open Device Settings window, and that you are using the Path Tracing kernel.
12) Render artifacts near eyebrows - this is due to the eyebrow geometry going inside the head mesh surface. So morph, move or scale the eyebrows so they do not intersect with the head mesh.
13) Octane panes do not appear on the screen (ie. they open off the screen) - Main Menu Bar->Window->Workspace->Select Layout->Accept (you might choose a different layout to the current layout to make this work).
KNOWN ISSUES AWAITING RESOLUTION
1) DAZStudio strand hair is not currently supported by the plugin. Some users have been able to get it to render using a workaround, detailed at https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=71635.
2) The Denoised Beauty pass cannot be saved when rendering an animation.
3) Multi-layer render passes cannot be saved when rendering an animation
4) Crash when opening the Viewport with loading scenes into the Octane 2020.1 version of the plugin. This is being investigated by OTOY.
The workaround is to open the Viewport on an empty scene and then load the older scene.
5) Visible Environment, Customer LUT, Panoramic camera and OSL nodes are not currently supported.
6) Reloading a scene and then opening the Viewport will not start the render. To get around this, click Pause and then Continue.
7) Smart Unfold is current disabled in the plugin, and will be re-enabled once the issues around this function are resolved.
8) The plugin will not currently Import Materials from ORBX files where there are multiple materials in the ORBX file.
9) Templating is not currently working for specular and roughness maps from Iray materials.
10) UDIM Tiles are not currently supported.
11) Instancing of Grouped items is not currently working correctly.
DAZ Studio Version
DAZ Studio 4.8 or later on Window Vista, 7, 8 or 10 64bit
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped.
Also, make sure you use an Nvidia Studio driver of version 451.xx or higher.
For Network Rendering, you must use the OctaneRender Enterprise Node release from the Octane Standalone forums/download page which matches the exact Octane version of the plugin you are using. This version matches OctaneRender Enterprise 2020.2 Node builds.
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- DAZ Studio version
- OctaneRender for DAZ Studio version (ie. 220.127.116.11)
- The most important part of resolving a problem is me being able to re-produce that problem. So pls provide as much detail as possible in order for me to do this, and if the problem is specific to the scene, send me the scene.
- For users with an Enterprise subscription license
For users with a Studio subscription license
For users with a Prime/Free Tier license
- Compiled with Octane 2020.2 SDK (New features not implemented)
- Fix issue where DAZStudio will not shut down if the Octane plugin is installed
- Stability improvement
Your OTOY team