This is the latest stable release of the OctaneRender™ 4.01 for LightWave™ plugin version 4.01.1.0, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3 and 2018.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build has been compiled using the Octane 4.01.1 core.
Unless you have a subscription license, you will have to upgrade your version 3 licenses to version 4. This upgrade is free and can be done via these 4 steps:
- Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
- Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
- Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
- Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 387 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 4, please check out our blog post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:
- Overhauled geometry engine that dramatically reduces compilation times.
- Support for out-of-core geometry.
- AI Light: Improved sampling of emitters, which is a lot more effective than the old method if you have many small emitters that have only a fairly local effect.
- AI Denoiser: Cleans up your render, which can dramatically cut render times.
- Global light inclusion/exclusion.
- Light linking: Allows the inclusion/exclusion of light IDs in the object layer nodes, which can be used to control the direct influence of emitters on objects.
- Universal material: Merges the properties of the diffuse, glossy, specular and metal materials into one material.
- UDIM support via the new image tile mode in the texture image node.
- Dirt support in the info channel passes / kernel.
- Overall performance improvements in the render engine and in loading HDR and OBJ files.
- Support to capture direct and indirect light separately in the light render passes.
- Support for emission on sphere primitives.
- Planetary environment node.
Release 4.01.1.0 regular license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zip
Release 4.01.1.0 subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zip
Release 4.01.1.0 demo builds
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... 4_demo.zip
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... X_demo.zip
Standalone 4.01.1 version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _1_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg
* PLUGIN FEATURES:
- Refactoring of the IPR window resize functions to make them faster and avoid crashes and freezes.
- Faster switching of the IPR "Half Res" mode.
- Added the planetary environment node.
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Improved the planetary environment by replacing the planetary axis and angle input pins with latitude and longitude pins, to allow you defining the correct orientation of the planet underneath your location that can be matched against the coordinates in the sun direction node.
- Improved memory management during progressive scene data updates, when out-of-core is used to fix a performance regression observed with various scenes.
- Removed the fast GPU upload which caused issues on systems that connected via PCIe risers/expanders (see viewtopic.php?p=351110#p351110). It didn't make much of a difference in most cases.
- Fixed CUDA failure in the baking camera when rendering a scene with animated meshes.
- Fixed hot pixels and incorrect light distributions in scenes with portals that have AI light enabled.
- Fixed global light exclusion of the environment if the scene contains portals (see viewtopic.php?p=351802#p351802).
- Fixed clamping of post-effects in the denoised main pass.
- Fixed artifacts in scenes of scaled meshes that use displacement, which became most visible in the AO info channel kernel.
- Fixed wireframe rendering when using the baking camera.
- Fixed incorrect attribute access when a scene with volumes is rendered using the baking camera.
- Fixed bug that caused the denoiser to not start on the very first frame / render (see viewtopic.php?p=352129#p352129)
- Fixed incorrect rendering of shadow catcher materials in the denoiser main pass (see viewtopic.php?p=352596#p352596).
- Fixed filtering out of daemons that run on the same machine as the net render master.
- OSL: Fixed crash when using getattribute("camera:fov", fov) in an OSL shader
Your OTOY Team