OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Production build 3.03.3

Forums: OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Production build 3.03.3
Newtek Lightwave 3D (exporter developed by holocube, Integrated Plugin developed by juanjgon)

Moderator: juanjgon

OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Production build 3.03.3

Postby juanjgon » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 am

juanjgon Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 am
Hi! This is the latest production build of the OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ plugin, available for Lightwave 10.1, 11.6 and 2015.3 Windows x64 and OSX.

Release 3.03.3.0
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... indows.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... .0_OSX.zip

Standalone version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _3_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg

CUDA requirements
Due to a CUDA compiler bug we had to switch to CUDA 7.5, which means on Windows and Linux you may need to update your NVIDIA graphics driver to a current version which supports at least CUDA 7.5. On Mac OSX you may have to update the CUDA driver for Mac to a current version supporting at least CUDA 7.5.

How to install the plugin
- (Only for Windows) Remove all the old Octane plugin files (octane.dll, octane.dat and the .p plugin file)
- (Only for Windows) Copy the octane.dll, tbb.dll and octane.dat files into you install Lightwave/bin directory. You must overwrite the LightWave tbb.dll file.
- Add the plugin to the Lightwave Layout.
- Install the custom menu bar to get access to the Octane features.

New features
A list of all the new features is provided here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=51679
The plugin manual is going to be updated in the next weeks to cover most of the changes. https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/lightwave-3d/v3/

=============================================
RELEASE 3.03.3.0
=============================================

* NEW PLUGUIN FEATURES:

- IPR render region tool. Once enabled using the new "Region" button, the region can be set using CTRL+Drag. The region can be moved Click+Drag and scaled using the mouse wheel.
- New "Octane_IPR_RenderRegion" command available to control the IPR render region using a shortcut.
- New statistics layout in the IPR window, with only one stats line and an new "Stats" button to overlay additional statistics over the rendered image.
- New little progress bar in the IPR window.
- The render passes saved as EXR discrete files now supports the compression and half-float features.
- Support of mesh deformations in the mesh volumes.

* NEW OCTANE FEATURES:
- Added the far clip plane parameter to thin-lens/panoramic camera nodes.
- Environment visibility options in the Daylight and Texture enviornment nodes.
- The list of active daemons is stored when the application is stopped or network rendering is disabled. Network rendering tries to restore the previously activated daemons when gets enabled again.
- The net render master shows "authenticating" in the net render preferences while a slave is authenticating (which may wait for a free license for example).
- The net render master will re-distribute unfinished work assignments of slaves where all render devices have failed. This should solve the problem that rendering never finishes if all render devices of a slave failed, but the slave itself is still running fine.
- Tried to implement of a recovery system if a render device fails. The idea is to reset a render device when it has failed and to try using it again. If it fails immediately after recovery, the device will be switched into an error state (as before). You can see in the log when the recovery kicks in.

* OCTANE BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed gaussian spectrum texture nodes in scattering media.
- Fixed the diffuse and glossy render passes - for glossy materials they only should include the diffuse and specular part of the indirect light on that material.
- Disabled motion blur for the wireframe pass, when the motion vector pass is enabled
- By default, distributed ray tracing is enabled on the render passes node.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of the environment medium using the DL AO kernel.
- Fixed preview of materials with an alpha channel.
- Fixed bug causing instances using the offline licensing mode to not be able to re-authenticate when the SSO session has expired.
- Fixed SSO authentication failure when 2 Octane instances are started at the same time.
- Fixed crash when loading a completely empty .vdb file.
- Fixed crash when loading unrecognised VDB grids.
- Fixed deadlock on net render masters, which seem to happen only on OSX.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Last edited by juanjgon on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender™ 3.0 for LightWave™ - Production build 3.03.3

Postby BorderLine » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:05 pm

BorderLine Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:05 pm
Many thanks,
IPR region tool is a very good thing.

Seems there is a problem with th progress bar and samples indication with IPR region tool. Samples and progress bar stops when region is selected.
I've seen yesterday multi-region on Facebook ...
And last, pehaps for next release, possibility to zoom on IPR is a good thing.
Thanks and very very good work.
Franck
BorderLine
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:54 pm

juanjgon Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:54 pm
Well, the progress bar is not used if the region render is enabled, it is only used to compute the full frame rendered samples.

When the render region is enabled in the IPR, the mouse wheel is used to control the region size. If it is disabled, it should zoom over the scene.

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BorderLine » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:58 pm

BorderLine Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:58 pm
Perfect !
I just have a crash because of a folder with a long name. Reduce the name and all is OK
BorderLine
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gamedesign » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:24 pm

gamedesign Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:24 pm
New version is great, thanks for all the hard work :)
gamedesign
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jsboudreau » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:43 pm

jsboudreau Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:43 pm
I'm getting wonky navigation with the latest Octane version 3.03.3. When I go to zoom in and out in perspective mode while holding the ctrl and alt key down it works but one I go to click and zoom in further it jumps back to it's original zoomed state and then sometimes jumps and goes all over the place. In previous versions it works great allowing me to keep zooming in on the model.
jsboudreau
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:18 am

juanjgon Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:18 am
jsboudreau wrote:I'm getting wonky navigation with the latest Octane version 3.03.3. When I go to zoom in and out in perspective mode while holding the ctrl and alt key down it works but one I go to click and zoom in further it jumps back to it's original zoomed state and then sometimes jumps and goes all over the place. In previous versions it works great allowing me to keep zooming in on the model.

Yes, I can reproduce this problem here. Can be related to the changes made in the IPR events system to support the render region feature. I'll check it for the next build.

Thanks for reporting.
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BorisGoreta » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:03 am

BorisGoreta Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:03 am
I am not sure why am I getting this on one node and not on the other. It happens on one complex scene. Otherwise this node works just fine.

This happens at a random frame of the sequence, the rendering just stops because it waits for node to respond which it never does. So overnight rendering is not safe, have to babysit it whole night.

Capture.PNG
BorisGoreta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:09 am

juanjgon Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:09 am
BorisGoreta wrote:I am not sure why am I getting this on one node and not on the other. It happens on one complex scene. Otherwise this node works just fine.

This happens at a random frame of the sequence, the rendering just stops because it waits for node to respond which it never does. So overnight rendering is not safe, have to babysit it whole night.

Is this problem something new in this build, or did you have the same problem before?

-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby BorderLine » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:18 am

BorderLine Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:18 am
Hi JuanJo,
Do you think in near futur, it's possible to optimise upload scene in GPU ( I think to Fstorm render how is very fast) ?
Thanks
BorderLine
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Lightwave 3D