We have done several more fixes for bugs reported since 2018.1 RC3. Please be aware that Studio builds of 2018.1 now support only 1 GPU, and no network rendering.
2018.1 and its XB and RC builds will only be available for customers with a version 4 license while 2018.1 is not yet stable. To try 2018.1 you need to upgrade your version 3 license to a version 4 license. This can be done for free via our web shop: https://render.otoy.com/shop/upgrade.php.
Important: Please don't update your NVidia drivers yet, 418.81 and 418.91 both break Octane, please wait for Nvidia to release a fix, which hopefully will be shortly.
Changes since OctaneRender 2018.1 RC3:
- Fixed crash when trying to save cryptomatte object layer passes.
- Fixed emission with mix material.
- Fixed incorrect render when the same VDB is loaded as SDF and as fog volume.
- Fixed subdivision with vertex attributes (fixes several ABC loading issues).
- Fixed missing window titles in Lua dialogs if native window titles are disabled in the application preferences.
- Fixed LiveDB downloads sometimes failing and OctaneLive getting disconnected.
- Fixed incorrectly exported 16 bit and 32 bit HDR images
- Fixed network rendering with deep images.
- Fixed some incorrect behaviour in the universal material when using IOR=1 / transmission=1 and caustic blur.
- Fixed tonemap failure if over-under stereo is being used on small resolutions and with the eyes swapped.
- Fixed transform nodes not updating transformations in the scene when there are linkers separating them from nodes.
- Fixed render failure when rendering a vectron node with an OSL texture input.
- Fixed render failure when trying to use vertex attributes with displacement. This is not yet supported, but planned.
- Fixed using greyscale images as opacity maps.
- Fixed normals for spheres with motion blur.
- Fixed crash when cancelling a load from Alembic
Downloads for users with a regular license
OctaneRender for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender for Mac OS
OctaneRender for Linux
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Studio for Mac OS
OctaneRender Studio for Linux
Downloads for users with an Enterprise subscription license
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Mac OS
OctaneRender Enterprise for Linux
Your OTOY Team