This is the fourth and most likely the last release candidate of 3.08. Beside various bug fixes, we made some significant changes in network rendering communication and would like to have it checked by a few people before we call it a stable version.
For an overview of all new features of 3.08, please read the new features thread.
As noted before, we are now using CUDA toolkit 9.1 (to allow for Volta support) on Windows and Linux, which requires NVIDIA drivers of version 387 or higher.
Due to issues with the current CUDA drivers for Mac we are using only CUDA toolkit 8.0 on OSX, which is why any CUDA driver for Mac should work that supports CUDA 8.0 or higher.
Changes since version 3.08 RC 3:
- Added a separate roughness channel for sheen.
- Fixed sampling of the backside of glossy materials.
- Fixed the 90° falloff mode of the falloff node.
- Fixed possible kernel crash when rendering scattering media.
- Fixed incorrect handling of grid offsets and coordinate system handedness of volume nodes.
- Fixed incorrect handling of materials with an IOR < 1.
- Various changes to make network rendering communication more robust:
- Added heartbeat to the net render master and daemon connection to allow both sides to figure out, if the connection has died for some reason and then close it properly. We had to bump up the internal daemon message version number which causes the net render master to ignore any daemons of a previous version.
- Fixed an issue where a net render slave with failed GPUs got work assigned by the master, which didn't get reassigned to other slaves/GPUs if the work assignment was done after a render restart after the GPUs failed on the slave.
- Added a slave recovery to the net render daemon, which tries to restart a net render slave up to 4 times if the slave crashed or failed.
- Added refresh button to the scene outliner which allows you to update the local DB content.
- Tried to improve the texture node drop down menu.
- You can now select more files in the animated image file dialog and fixed the behaviour of the clear button.
- Fixed bug prohibiting you sometimes from rendering a thumbnail, because it can't find a node suitable for preview rendering.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Your OTOY NZ Team