This is the third release candidate of 3.08, fixing more bugs and various platform specific issues. We will release a stable 3.08 next week if no major issues pop up until then.
For an overview of all new features of 3.08, please read the new features thread.
As noted before, we are now using CUDA toolkit 9.1 (to allow for Volta support) on Windows and Linux, which requires NVIDIA drivers of version 387 or higher.
Due to issues with the current CUDA drivers for Mac we are using only CUDA toolkit 8.0 on OSX, which is why any CUDA driver should work that supports CUDA 8.0 or higher.
Changes since version 3.08 RC 2:
- Fixed rendering hanging on Linux.
- Fixed GPU failure if a scene has displacement triangles with degenerated UV coordinates.
- Displacement vectors/normals are now "sanitized" to not lie exactly in the triangle plane, which caused GPUs to fail.
- Fixed triplanar and box mapping to not use the bump/normal mapped shading normal (see viewtopic.php?p=333691#p333691).
- Fixed unnecessary resending of all image textures to net render slaves if only some of the image textures changed (see viewtopic.php?p=333478#p333478).
- Fixed artifacts while rendering scattering media with the direct lighting kernel.
- Fixed reported error when a shader contains an unsupported type of metadata.
- Fixed various compilation errors when trying to parse OSL shaders with weird syntax.
- Fixed the default values of various texture inputs to match the values we have in 3.07 when those inputs are not connected.
- Since 3.07, the default hair thickness and particle radius are given in the import unit specified in the import preferences. Added a conversion for older files, where these parameters were always given in meters.
- Fixed undo behaviour of the film region picker.
- The fallback texture now behaves the same as in 3.07 when used in a medium: It always returns the minimum value if the mode "normal vs eye ray" is used.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Your OTOY NZ Team