One more release on the way to 1.20. We really hope that this is the last one before the stable release. It's mainly a bug fix release, but a couple of small features have sneaked in, too.
Changes since 1.16
- Improved bump mapping for highly specular glossy materials and for specular materials
- Improved normal interpolation of poorly triangulated geometry when viewed at shallow angles
- Fixed missing updates of gradient node
- A few more node pins are using logarithmic scale by default
- Index of refraction in the glossy material starts now at 1 (similar to the specular material). Setting it to 1 still disables Fresnel (similar to what the values in [0..1] did before).
- Fixed broken relinking of meshes via the command line (used by exporter scripts)
- Improved UV mapping of material ball
- If rendering is paused and you start turntable/daylight animation rendering, rendering is resumed automatically
- Pressing CTRL while clicking onto the recenter button, will reset the zoom to 100%, too
- Inverted the behaviour of "gmtoffset" in the daylight environment node. I.e. gmtoffset is now the time zone offset of your local time. As a consequence you have to invert the gmtoffset in your already existing OCS files.
- Fixed broken copy&paste of an integer node with logarithmic slider
- Picking the focus and the camera target with the right mouse button, allows you to select from all intersections along the picking ray
- CUDA devices are not available/used if CUDA driver has wrong version (i.e. is too old)
- Node names are displayed not only for externally connected nodes, but also for nodes connected to dynamic node pins (e.g. material node pins of a mesh node)
- RGB values can now be entered as decimal numbers in the color picker dialog
- Updated manual
- You can toggle now between two display modes of macro nodes in the node inspector: Showing the input pins (and hiding the internal node graph) or showing the node graph that is connected to the output pin (and hiding the input pins) (see viewtopic.php?p=142768#p142768)
ZIP archives (updated 7.6.2013):
DMG image (updated 7.6.2013):
- 32-bit and 64-bit
ZIP archive (updated 7.6.2013):
Your OTOY NZ Team