This is the unofficial Octane exporter now fixed for OCS versions 1.5 and above. I took the 1.17 exporter version (which I was using up until now), rewrote the engine module, changed the GUI a little bit and also integrated the particles exporter script, so now you can do animations with particle instances.Major changes:
* It works with Octane OCS versions 1.5 and above (or more precisely: it wont wreck your .ocs
* It automatically exports particle systems as .csv files
* "export camera only"
for flyby animations
* OCS is written only if the file doesn't not exist, never edited thereafter
* Camera updating works for RenderTarget nodeWhat doesn't work any-more
(because of OCS file structural changes)
* writing stuff into an existing OCS, which would corrupt it
* the material tab is pretty much useless now (shading is done in Octane anyway)
* "create or replace OCS file"
* "Write materials in OCS file"
was removedNew GUI options
* Export options: Image
(renders current frame still), Animation
(just exports obj/mtl, without starting Octane)
* Camera only
: exports just the active camera for each frame, without geometry
* samples & preset option is added in case of stills too
* Instances export
can be automatic or manual. In auto mode it exports all PS on active layers (even if emitter is hidden for rendering). "Write dupli objects to file"
, will export the particle visualization object to obj/mtl each frame. (you might want to disable this for animations, unless the viz object itself is animated)
* Mesh node to render
: is the name of a geometry node to render inside Octane. Usually this will be some Geometry Group node, but can be any geometry node. If the name is invalid, Octane will complain, if you leave it blank it will be the name of the .obj of the scene.Installation
Disable your old exporter (and instances addon if you have it), save settings, close Blender, delete the old folder from ./addons (and octinstances.py
if you have it), copy the new folder, enable addon (its called OctaneRender Community Plugin
Test on backed-up scene Current version 1.51 Changelog hereold versions