This is a medium-sized maintenance update - we have fixed a number of issues that have been reported since 4.01.1 and upgraded OSL as well.
Unless you have a subscription license, you will have to upgrade your version 3 licenses to version 4. This upgrade is free and can be done via these 4 steps:
- Go to https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/
- Select "Upgrade" in the top menu.
- Click on "UPGRADE NOW" next to "Upgrade existing licenses to OctaneRender 4".
- Select the licenses you want to upgrade and confirm.
New GPU requirements
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 387 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
And if you are working on Windows 7 or 8 we highly recommend to update your driver to version 417.22 or higher. This driver fixes an issue where the CUDA API function calls fail with error 2 (out of memory) even though these API calls don't allocate any memory. See viewtopic.php?f=24&t=69639 for more details.
Changes since version 4.01.1:
- fixed a render failure when there are one or more invalid hairs in the scene.
- added render job output linkers to the context menu.
- fixed unnecessary shader recompiles when there is an update to a texture.
- upgraded OSL to version 1.9.13.
- fixed an uncommon render failure when using baking camera.
- fixed denoiser not working properly when it is used the first time on RTX cards in one session.
- fixed internal compilation error when using an OSL shader with a very long parameter list.
- fixed transform changes not being detected sometimes at shutter open and close.
- fixed a bug where non-alphanumeric characters in system username could cause cuDNN validation to fail.
- fixed a case where a script graph would fail to load a required module from an ORBX.
- fixed very slow geometry processing of some frames, of specific scenes with many instances.
- fixed a crash from an Xparticles scene.
- fixed a rare render failure in animated scenes.
- exported EXRs now contain all information for the Photoshop Compositing plugin so Compositing project files have been removed (requires plugin v1.1.0 or newer).
- added option to swap order of gamma correction and image color inversion.
- fixed two random render failures.
- fixed normals and UVs sometimes not loaded properly from FBX.
- added subdivision sharpness scale to geometry import settings.
- fixed a possible crash if loading an HDR with x-direction flipped.
- fixed unnecessary geometry rebuilds when the camera is deleted.
Downloads for users with a regular license
OctaneRender for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender for Mac OS
OctaneRender for Linux
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Studio for Mac OS
OctaneRender Studio for Linux
Downloads for users with an additional Enterprise All-Access license (excluding subscription All-Access)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Enterprise for Mac OS
OctaneRender Enterprise for Linux
Demo version downloads
OctaneRender Demo version for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
OctaneRender Demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
OctaneRender Demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Your OTOY Team