This is the third stable build of 3.08 providing various bug fixes accumulated during the last weeks. Originally, it was planned to also update OctaneBench to this version, but we are still investigating some issues with specific GPUs which is why we have deferred it to the next 3.08 release.
For a description of the new features of 3.08, please read the new features thread.
When we added support for Volta GPUs, we had to switch to CUDA toolkit 9.1, which requires an NVIDIA driver of version 387 or higher.
Changes since version 3.08.1:
- Greyscale texture nodes are now ignored, when used in the normal channel (see viewtopic.php?p=338852#p338852).
- Switched OSX builds to also use the CUDA tookit 9.1, since there are now updated graphics drivers available for OSX that support CUDA 9.1.
- Optimized the CUDA code of the various compute models for the current CUDA toolkit and CUDA code. This improves performance mostly for older compute models (3.x and 5.0), which seem to have been affected more by the switch to CUDA 9.1.
- The demo builds allow now up to 20 GPUs, which may be useful for OctaneBenchers with mega-systems of more than 12 GPUs.
- Added support of the automatic proxy configuration of the Windows Internet settings.
- Fixed multiple firefly issues in the GGX and Beckman BRDFs (see viewtopic.php?p=339190#p339190).
- Fixed strong noise in the reflection of specular materials that have alpha shadows enabled and a roughness > 0.
- Fixed incorrect roughness of specular materials with an Octane BRDF reflected on a glossy material with a microfacet BRDF (see viewtopic.php?p=339827#p339827).
- Fixed the invert option of the instance range texture (see viewtopic.php?p=339618#p339618).
- Fixed indexing overflow when rendering large deep pixel images.
- Fixed rendering of bone animations using the batch render scripts.
- Fixed missing update of image file textures on net render slaves (see viewtopic.php?p=338851#p338851).
- Fixed GPU failure if one or more info filter passes are enabled and there are transparent areas in the rendered image.
- Fixed incorrect addition of specular scatter medium samples to the transmission pass.
- Fixed bug where the near clipping distance of the camera affects the Z depth pass.
- Tried to improve robustness of daemon startup when it gathers information from the slave. To investigate issues, that got reported by some OSX users (e.g. here) we extended the log flag
appShutdownto log more information of the shutdown of Octane.
- OSL: Fixed unneccessary double compilation of OSL shaders and a potential crash resulting from that.
- OSL: Shaders that are being evaluated in normal channels are evaluating their inputs the standard way and not as normal textures.
- OSL: Added preference to specify OSL include directories (under Application -> Developer options -> OSL include directories).
- OSL: Fixed
getattribute("pixel:pos", ...)causing a GPU failure.
- OSL: Better handling for the empty string "" used as a texture file name.
- OSL: Fixed pins being disconnected or reset when recompiling the OSL code in an OSL node.
- OSL: Increased the maximal amount of OSL nodes in one texture node tree. (old limit was around 500, current limit is around 30,000)
- Standalone: Added option to application preferences to use a non-native window title bar. This works around the issue of missing window titles caused by our GUI toolkit on some Linux distros.
- Standalone: "Compactified" the preferences dialog to make it fit smaller screens. Also enabled the ENTER and ESC keys as shortcuts for the OK and Cancel buttons.
- Standalone: Fixed clipping of the labels of some of the render pass status buttons. They can also have a keyboard focus and you can switch between them using the TAB key.
- Standalone: Selecting a renderable node via the right mouse button in the node graph doesn't start rendering anymore.
- Standalone: Fixed drawing artifacts in the node graph editor which appear after trying to use the lasso after right-clicking a node.
- Standalone: Fixed bugs in the gizmo tool, where clicks on mini frames sometimes also activate the material or object picker, dragging a gizmo sometimes also draws a render region and some operations are not recorded correctly in the undo-system.
- Standalone: Fixed bug causing maximized undocked panned to get partially hidden by the Windows taskbar.
- Standalone: The uninstaller created by the Windows installer is now properly signed.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Demo version downloads
demo version for Windows (installer)
demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Photoshop workflow plugin download
You can download and install the current Photoshop workflow plugin (1.0.5) either via the Adobe Exchange platform or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.
Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)
Your OTOY NZ Team