This is the second stable build of 3.08 providing various bug fixes accumulated during the last weeks.
For a description of the new features of 3.08, please read the new features thread.
When we added support for Volta GPUs, we had to switch to CUDA toolkit 9.1, which requires an NVIDIA driver of version 387 or higher on Windows and Linux.
Due to issues with the current CUDA drivers for Mac we are using only CUDA toolkit 8.0 on OSX, which is why any CUDA driver for Mac should work that supports CUDA 8.0 or higher.
Changes since version 3.08:
- Toon lights and materials are now contributing to the shadow pass.
- Added support for 1D+3D LUT cube files written by Adobe Iridas.
- Added support for fetching time information via the global OSL variables
dtimeand global OSL attributes
- The baking of the baking texture node can now be cancelled in the Octane GUI.
- Tweaked sampling rate of blackbody emitters with "normalize" disabled which vary strongly in brightness depending on the temperature.
- Fixed artifacts when shen uses a fall-off texture (see viewtopic.php?p=337428#p337428).
- Fixed incorrect diffuse contribution to the transmission pass.
- Fixed negative values in some render passes.
- Fixed start depth of deep pixel volume samples for media enclosed by surfaces with an invisible specular material.
- Fixed the transparency of scattering media if "affect alpha" is enabled.
- Fixed artifacts on hair strands if vertices are duplicated.
- Fixed rendering artefacts in some cases where displacement and bump mapping are used by the same material.
- Fixed various crashes during OSL compilation.
- Fixed crash occuring on OSX when you click the "Retry" button in the authentication error dialog.
- Fixed crash occuring on OSX when you double-clicking a connection to a baking texture.
- Fixed line endings of text files saved via the Octane OSL/Lua script editors, which match now the standard line ending of your platform.
- Improved the OctaneBench script to better handle systems with more than 15 GPUs. As a side note: We are planning to release an updated OctaneBench with (probably) the next version.
Downloads for users with a regular license
regular version for Windows (installer)
regular version for Windows (ZIP archive)
regular version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
regular version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Downloads for users with a subscription license
subscription version for Windows (installer)
subscription version for Windows (ZIP archive)
subscription version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
subscription version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Demo version downloads
demo version for Windows (installer)
demo version for Windows (ZIP archive)
demo version for Mac OS X (DMG image)
demo version for Linux (ZIP archive)
Photoshop workflow plugin download
You can download and install the current Photoshop workflow plugin (1.0.5) either via the Adobe Exchange platform or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.
Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop extension (v1.0.5) (ZXP archive)
Your OTOY NZ Team