1.1.2.1352

Forums: 1.1.2.1352
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: Xhed

1.1.2.1352

Postby Xhed » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:58 pm

Xhed Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:58 pm
Changes since 1.1.1.1341

Features
  • Upgraded to Octane 4.00 RC 7.

Fixes
  • Force scene update before ORBX export.
  • Fixed issue with SkinnedMeshRenderers.
  • Fixed issue when exporting render passes to a layered EXR file.
  • Fixed issues with Recorder exports.
Last edited by Xhed on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Rick
User avatar
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:27 pm
Location: Breda, The Netherlands

Re: 1.1.2.1352

Postby fleity » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:12 am

fleity Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:12 am
in 1352 I still have this issue

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Octane.MeshSkinned.GetActualRoot (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer meshRenderer)
Octane.MeshSkinned.HasChanged (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer smr)
Octane.MeshSkinned.OnUpdate (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer skinnedMeshRenderer, Octane.MeshSkinned meshSkinned)
OctaneUnity.ObjectLink`2[TU,TO].Update (System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1 unityItems, Boolean fixMissingComponents)
OctaneUnity.Scene.UpdateScene (Boolean blockRender, Boolean force)
OctaneUnity.PluginController.UpdateInternal ()
OctaneUnity.UpperManagement.Update ()
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:191)

to reproduce:
new scene, create pbr render target, create cube, load octane,
add any deformed mesh from an fbx
press render, the error occurs for every sample
the scene / unity instance is corrupted afterwards and will keep erroring while rendering until unity is restarted, just removing the skinned mesh renderer geo is not enough

GTX 960M (multi gpu with intel integrated graphics) Unity 2018.2.15f1

I am kind of dependent on the file I am trying to render... help, please? if I can provide any other info I'd gladly do that.
fleity
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: 1.1.2.1352

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:44 am

ChrisHekman Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:44 am
fleity wrote:in 1352 I still have this issue

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Octane.MeshSkinned.GetActualRoot (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer meshRenderer)
Octane.MeshSkinned.HasChanged (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer smr)
Octane.MeshSkinned.OnUpdate (UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer skinnedMeshRenderer, Octane.MeshSkinned meshSkinned)
OctaneUnity.ObjectLink`2[TU,TO].Update (System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1 unityItems, Boolean fixMissingComponents)
OctaneUnity.Scene.UpdateScene (Boolean blockRender, Boolean force)
OctaneUnity.PluginController.UpdateInternal ()
OctaneUnity.UpperManagement.Update ()
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:191)

to reproduce:
new scene, create pbr render target, create cube, load octane,
add any deformed mesh from an fbx
press render, the error occurs for every sample
the scene / unity instance is corrupted afterwards and will keep erroring while rendering until unity is restarted, just removing the skinned mesh renderer geo is not enough

GTX 960M (multi gpu with intel integrated graphics) Unity 2018.2.15f1

I am kind of dependent on the file I am trying to render... help, please? if I can provide any other info I'd gladly do that.


Could you PM me your fbx file?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: 1.1.2.1352

Postby fleity » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:21 am

fleity Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:21 am
thx Chris, I'll send you a minimal version of the unity project including the fbx file

--
if anyone else wants to have a look at it:
unity project zipped: open scene GH010088d (in Assets Folder)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqpszflbm7j2m ... r.zip?dl=0

the fbx file in question (in the project zip it is included and set up with materials, animations curves are loaded from another file)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/779ub2ljt1icu ... t.fbx?dl=0

--
I can confirm that it is a mesh / fbx issue. A fresh cube with 2 joints exported from maya works flawlessly. I will try to rebuild the mesh that causes the issues and figure out what exactly it is but in any case an uncaught exception like that is probably not what should appear.
--
well and obviously the previous version 1.1.1.1341 works too
fleity
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: 1.1.2.1352

Postby athosrojas » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:11 pm

athosrojas Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:11 pm
Octane progressive lightmapper is working now?
athosrojas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: 1.1.2.1352

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:28 am

ChrisHekman Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:28 am
fleity wrote:thx Chris, I'll send you a minimal version of the unity project including the fbx file

--
if anyone else wants to have a look at it:
unity project zipped: open scene GH010088d (in Assets Folder)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqpszflbm7j2m ... r.zip?dl=0

the fbx file in question (in the project zip it is included and set up with materials, animations curves are loaded from another file)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/779ub2ljt1icu ... t.fbx?dl=0

--
I can confirm that it is a mesh / fbx issue. A fresh cube with 2 joints exported from maya works flawlessly. I will try to rebuild the mesh that causes the issues and figure out what exactly it is but in any case an uncaught exception like that is probably not what should appear.
--
well and obviously the previous version 1.1.1.1341 works too


I have tested in the latest version (1362) and the GH scene works in that version. We did fix a bug related to the skinned mesh renderers, so it might have been fixed.
Could you confirm?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: 1.1.2.1352

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:31 am

ChrisHekman Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:31 am
athosrojas wrote:Octane progressive lightmapper is working now?

It now creates an gameobject that stores the resulting lightmap data.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: 1.1.2.1352

Postby fleity » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:59 pm

fleity Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:59 pm
ChrisHekman wrote:
fleity wrote:thx Chris, I'll send you a minimal version of the unity project including the fbx file

--
if anyone else wants to have a look at it:
unity project zipped: open scene GH010088d (in Assets Folder)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqpszflbm7j2m ... r.zip?dl=0

the fbx file in question (in the project zip it is included and set up with materials, animations curves are loaded from another file)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/779ub2ljt1icu ... t.fbx?dl=0

--
I can confirm that it is a mesh / fbx issue. A fresh cube with 2 joints exported from maya works flawlessly. I will try to rebuild the mesh that causes the issues and figure out what exactly it is but in any case an uncaught exception like that is probably not what should appear.
--
well and obviously the previous version 1.1.1.1341 works too


I have tested in the latest version (1362) and the GH scene works in that version. We did fix a bug related to the skinned mesh renderers, so it might have been fixed.
Could you confirm?



Yes version 1362 fixes the skinned mesh renderer null reference exception issue
fleity
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Return to Octane for Unity


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:53 pm [ UTC ]