OctaneRender Studio subscribers can access their software from the "Downloads" section of their Customer Account Page.
This is a TEST version, so be prepared to have some issues. Do not use it for production.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Upgraded to 2018.1 RC4
- Supported orbx proxy (now we are able to import external orbx as a proxy)("Properties-Data-Orbx properties-Orbx File Path")
- Supported to change target node tree when fetching livedb material
- Supported viewport material color("Properties-Material-Settings")
- Added "Linear space invert" for texture image nodes
- Included alembic feature for osx/linux builds
- Prevented crash when failing to overwrite orbx file
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Fixed motion blur render issue under the preview navigation
- Fixed material preview render failure
- Fixed emission issue in mix material
- Due to the current motion blur mechanism, animation for orbx proxy does not work when motion blur enabled
- Displacement does not work with vertex color/float attributes in the current build(engine team has plans to support it)
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 2018.1 RC4 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 17.4 (2.79)
Octane Server - 17.4
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
- If you need to run OctaneServer - run it as daemon:
- Code: Select all
$ OctaneServer &
Blender Octane Edition - v17.4 Linux
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition - v17.4 OSX ZIP
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.