This is a TEST version, so be prepared to have some issues. Don't use it for production.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Integrate 2.79a
- Upgrade to 3.08RC2
- Add new passes: irradiance, light direction, volume, volume mask, volume emission, volume z depth front, volume z depth back
- Add OSL baking camera
- Add irradiance mode
- Add sheen pin nodes to metal/glossy materials
- Add new IOR for to the metallic material
- Support geometry mesh animation modifier
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Remove the word Octane inside menu
- Fix environment texture rename bug
- Set default value of "power" in Octane Image Texture to 1.0
- Add refresh gpu button to enable users to update gpu lists
- Hide render layer in octane engine
- Merge interactive/render camera imager setting into one
- Keep compatibility with old version for response curve
- Rename "Max samples" in Octane Render Pass Setting to "Info pass max samples"
- Support user-customized default material(“User Preference” – “Add-ons” – “OctaneRender Engine” – “Preferences” – “Default Material Type”)
- Do not update shader/object which is hide in "Outliner"
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 3.08 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 15.1 (2.79)
Octane Server - 15.1
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
- If you need to run OctaneServer - run it as daemon:
- Code: Select all
$ OctaneServer &
Blender Octane Edition - v15.1 Linux
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
Autoinstaller: Blender Octane Edition - v15.1 OSX Autoinstaller
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition - v15.1 OSX ZIP
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.