Mesh UV Not Recognized

Forums: Mesh UV Not Recognized
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: JimStar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Mesh UV Not Recognized

Postby LKosters » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:29 pm

LKosters Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:29 pm
Hi all,

I've been modeling something for my portfolio and crossed paths with a rendering problem. After I UV unwrapped my Guitar Neck mesh and made an according texture, Octane render has been throwing it all over the place. Is there any solution to this problem?
Attachments
Material Nodes.png
An overview of the nodes in the OcaneMaterialGlossy.
Comparisson Screenshot.png
As you can see, the Maya viewport can place it correctly but my IPR render is throwing it all over the place!
Intel i7 5940k 8-core @4.6GHz
16GB DDR4 @2100MHZ
ASRock X99 Extreme4

NVIDA MSI GTX970 4GBDDR5 x2
SanDisk 512GB SSD
SATA1GB HDD
Corsair 850W Gold Standard
BenQ RL2455HM
LKosters

Re: Mesh UV Not Recognized

Postby limeforce » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:32 pm

limeforce Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:32 pm
What are the settings on the octaneUVProjection & octaneTransform2D? Are you using UV sets, could Octane be seeing a different UV set than intended? Perhaps you can share the scene for us to look at?

I'd recommend posting these kind of things directly on the Maya plugin subforum and not here in the Bug Reports as it's more likely to get views there and the issue seems like something there is a logical explanation for rather than a bug.
limeforce
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports