3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze

Forums: 3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.


All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze

Postby coilbook » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:30 pm

coilbook Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:30 pm
Hi
If you render the scene animation in about 4-5 frames or more 3ds max (2018.4) will freeze at processing geometry. This problem for some reason is caused by 3ds max damper object. Never had this problem with octane 3
Thanks
the scene is attached

UPDATE:
damper causes stuck at processing geometry and some other meshes. Not sure which ones
Attachments
damper.jpg
freeze.zip
(54.21 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: 3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze

Postby paride4331 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am

paride4331 Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am
coilbook wrote:Hi
If you render the scene animation in about 4-5 frames or more 3ds max (2018.4) will freeze at processing geometry. This problem for some reason is caused by 3ds max damper object. Never had this problem with octane 3
Thanks
the scene is attached

UPDATE:
damper causes stuck at processing geometry and some other meshes. Not sure which ones


Hi coilbook,
no issue using damper, could you share your damper sim?
Regards
paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
User avatar
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am

Re: 3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze

Postby coilbook » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:21 pm

coilbook Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:21 pm
paride4331 wrote:
coilbook wrote:Hi
If you render the scene animation in about 4-5 frames or more 3ds max (2018.4) will freeze at processing geometry. This problem for some reason is caused by 3ds max damper object. Never had this problem with octane 3
Thanks
the scene is attached

UPDATE:
damper causes stuck at processing geometry and some other meshes. Not sure which ones


Hi coilbook,
no issue using damper, could you share your damper sim?
Regards
paride


Hi Paride,
that is strange when I render this damper (just damper, there is no sim data) my 3ds max would get stuck at processing after 5 frames or so using RC2 build. I am also using 2018.4 max. Maybe something on my side
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: 3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze

Postby neonZorglub » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:02 am

neonZorglub Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:02 am
Hi coilbook,

Thank you for the scene. I could reproduce the problem, even on max 2019, so it's not on your side..
It seems to come from the motion blur with those damper objects.
When motion blur disabled, there is no problem...

We are investigating in more detail, and will try to have a fix soon.
Thanks !
neonZorglub
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: 3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze

Postby paride4331 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:26 am

paride4331 Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:26 am
coilbook wrote:
paride4331 wrote:
coilbook wrote:Hi
If you render the scene animation in about 4-5 frames or more 3ds max (2018.4) will freeze at processing geometry. This problem for some reason is caused by 3ds max damper object. Never had this problem with octane 3
Thanks
the scene is attached

UPDATE:
damper causes stuck at processing geometry and some other meshes. Not sure which ones


Hi coilbook,
no issue using damper, could you share your damper sim?
Regards
paride


Hi Paride,
that is strange when I render this damper (just damper, there is no sim data) my 3ds max would get stuck at processing after 5 frames or so using RC2 build. I am also using 2018.4 max. Maybe something on my side


Hi coilbook,
could you share your file,
I'm curious to understand why I had not issues.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
User avatar
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am

Re: 3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze

Postby coilbook » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:07 pm

coilbook Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:07 pm
Hi Paride,
that is strange when I render this damper (just damper, there is no sim data) my 3ds max would get stuck at processing after 5 frames or so using RC2 build. I am also using 2018.4 max. Maybe something on my side[/quote]

Hi coilbook,
could you share your file,
I'm curious to understand why I had not issues.
Regards
Paride[/quote]

Hi Paride,
it is attached in the very first post above. Thank you
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: 3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze

Postby coilbook » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:09 pm

coilbook Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:09 pm
neonZorglub wrote:Hi coilbook,

Thank you for the scene. I could reproduce the problem, even on max 2019, so it's not on your side..
It seems to come from the motion blur with those damper objects.
When motion blur disabled, there is no problem...

We are investigating in more detail, and will try to have a fix soon.
Thanks !

Great you fond it! Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: 3ds max damper object causes octane 4 freeze

Postby paride4331 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:37 pm

paride4331 Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:37 pm
coilbook wrote:Hi Paride,
that is strange when I render this damper (just damper, there is no sim data) my 3ds max would get stuck at processing after 5 frames or so using RC2 build. I am also using 2018.4 max. Maybe something on my side


Hi coilbook,
could you share your file,
I'm curious to understand why I had not issues.
Regards
Paride[/quote]

Hi Paride,
it is attached in the very first post above. Thank you[/quote]

missed it under the picture!
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
User avatar
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am

Return to Bug Reports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Wed May 12, 2021 1:48 am [ UTC ]