Batch Rendering START and END 'camera' position?

Forums: Batch Rendering START and END 'camera' position?
Forum for OctaneRender Lua scripting examples, discussion and support.

Batch Rendering START and END 'camera' position?

Postby Notiusweb » Thu May 19, 2016 3:23 am

Notiusweb Thu May 19, 2016 3:23 am
I was tinkering with Batch Rendering and would love to have the option to set a START and END 'camera' position, and have the 'camera' evenly navigate between the two points.
This could be accomplished as follows:
1) In batch render menu, you would have an optional check box for START and END frame position
2) once checked, you could manually set in the viewport what you want the start view to be for the 1st frame of the sequence, and click 'RECORD START POSITION' button, which would record the position values into the Batch Rendering menu as the START position.
3) likewise, then nav to end view in viewport and click 'RECORD END POSITION' button. (You could also allow user to export the position as a general 'position' data file or something...)
4) then, have a mathematical transition take place via a formula which would divide the difference from START to END's parameters by the # of frames, where each frame is evenly & incrementally moved from START position to END position. That way, you could have smooth transition of panning or zooming as frames are batch rendered, as opposed to a fixed camera position.

I know you can Alembically import another application's camera movements into Batch Render via connection to the render target, but I want to bypass that part and do it all in Octane Standalone. Would be interested to import the objects' animations and movements from the alembic file, but then handle the camerawork in the standalone via batch rendering.

And if I want, I could, say with a render of 200 frames, have 1-100 be done separately from 101-200, that way I could create 2 'cameras'. And if I had a ping ponging conversation back and forth, I could import again the position file I want to START and END with.

Come on....
COME OOOOONNNNNN....!
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Batch Rendering START and END 'camera' position?

Postby prehabitat » Thu May 19, 2016 4:46 am

prehabitat Thu May 19, 2016 4:46 am
Notiusweb wrote: then, have a mathematical transition take place via a formula which would divide the difference from START to END's parameters by the # of frames, where each frame is evenly & incrementally moved from START position to END position. That way, you could have smooth transition of panning or zooming as frames are batch rendered, as opposed to a fixed camera position.
...!

This sounds awesome - and plausible (in a psudocode sense)

Is there any reason the same couldn't apply to 3 render targets?... and then why not four? ... they kinda become very very basic keyframes right?
Win10/3770/16gb/K600(display)/GTX780(Octane)/GTX590/372.70
Octane 3.x: GH Lands VARQ Rhino5 -Rhino.io- C4D R16 / Revit17
prehabitat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Thu May 19, 2016 6:07 am

bepeg4d Thu May 19, 2016 6:07 am
Hi Notiusweb,
have you already tried this script recently modified by roeland for work with v3?
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=41365&start=50#p271900
Should be very near at what you are looking for ;)
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Notiusweb » Thu May 19, 2016 10:02 am

Notiusweb Thu May 19, 2016 10:02 am
bepeg4d wrote:Hi Notiusweb,
have you already tried this script recently modified by roeland for work with v3?
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=41365&start=50#p271900
Should be very near at what you are looking for ;)
ciao beppe

Thaks Beppe! Yes, I was introduced to and tried this yesterday. can roeland's have alembic animation + a cam movement?
Seems that roeland one allows you to pan and zoom a scene in the viewport, much like a screen recorder. But cannot have alembic animation also.

Re: Smooth & Easy Camera Animation for OR Standalone, ORC v1.21
Postby wendyluvscatz » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:41 pm
thanks testing and it works!!
I bought the DAZ studio Alembic exporter today and was trying it out and now can pan dolly obj scenes as well as render an animated figure so is a great help
I added the figure with a transform node to an existing obj scene I had set up with camera and render target and works well.
sadly the Alembic import does not animate in the camera scene
but away to pan around a still scene is still a very welcome addition to my tool box

I would imagine an alembic-imported animation + cam movement.
With Batch Render, it would be perfect! You could have someone walking, and zoom in on them all from the standalone, because it is alembic ready with a timeline, now you would just need the ability to set a START and END view.
Again, I know you can import cam movement as part of an alembic file, but I don't want to, too slow to do in other applications, and involves guesswork...if was possible in standalone it would be 1000X faster to produce because you'd do the cam right there! You could take advantage of all the standalone's power!
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Thu May 19, 2016 10:33 am

Notiusweb Thu May 19, 2016 10:33 am
prehabitat wrote:
Notiusweb wrote: then, have a mathematical transition take place via a formula which would divide the difference from START to END's parameters by the # of frames, where each frame is evenly & incrementally moved from START position to END position. That way, you could have smooth transition of panning or zooming as frames are batch rendered, as opposed to a fixed camera position.
...!

This sounds awesome - and plausible (in a psudocode sense)

Is there any reason the same couldn't apply to 3 render targets?... and then why not four? ... they kinda become very very basic keyframes right?

Yes, I think this is the key to it, having the computation be handled by the computer. the render targets could probably have any combo of START and END parameters, and the Batch Render would average out the difference of START and END by number of frames and then assign a per-frame parameter numeric in a table.

ie - if 10 frames, START axis is 20 and END axis is 40, it would divide 20 (axis difference) by 10 (frames) and come up with a per-frame difference of '2'.
Then, it could +2 to every frame
Frame 0 = 20
Frame 1 = 22
Frame 2 = 24
Frame 3 = 26
Frame 4 = 28
Frame 5 = 30
Frame 6 = 32
Frame 7 = 34
Frame 8 = 36
Frame 9 = 38
Frame 10 = 40

So, the START and END numbers are already established one you 'record' it by pressing the RECORD START POSITION and RECORD END POSITION buttons, now the computer has to manage the difference between START and END numeric and assign a table of figures per frame to then put into the Batch Render. Then when you would run the batch, it would shift the cam all in the standalone once it compiles each frame.
POWER!!! UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Lua Scripting