We're proud to add the OctaneRender™ for Inventor plug-in to our rapidly growing list of integrated plug-ins. OctaneRender™ for Inventor fully integrates the OctaneRender™ engine into the modelling environment of Inventor, significantly improving the workflow by making the need to export your scene from Inventor to OctaneRender obsolete.
OctaneRender™ is currently recognized by many industry professionals and 3D graphic visualization artists as the most advanced and fastest GPU-based physically-based render engine with an advanced and flexible node based workflow and user interface. Now, with our new plugin products, you can have the unparalleled quality and ease of use of the fastest physically-based render engine on the market tightly integrated into your 3D modeling and animation software.
This new plugin will provide a fast workflow and rendering pipeline suitable for interactive editing of lights, camera, materials and object placement.
HOW TO PURCHASE LICENSES
Go to our online shop here: http://render.otoy.com/shop/
A license for the OctaneRender for Inventor plugin product alone will cost 99 € while in the initial open beta phase, and 199 € when the final version of the plugin is released.
The plugin will require the user to have a valid OctaneRender™ Standalone version installed and activated. If you don't have an OctaneRender license yet, you can purchase both the plugin and the engine/standalone licenses as one bundle during the beta phase for 279 euros.
You can also purchase a 3, 5 or 10 pack of OctaneRender™ for Inventor licenses, just like OctaneRender™ Standalone Edition packs.
INVENTOR VERSION REQUIREMENTS
This release requires Inventor 2013 or 2014, 64 bit (32 bit can be provided if needed), on Windows Vista, 7 and 8.
- Automatic conversion of Inventor materials and geometry into Octane
- Ability to change any camera, resolution, environment, imager, kernel or postprocessing setting (as per Octane Standalone)
- Full editing of Octane materials (for materials converted from Inventor materials)
- Save rendertarget as the default rendertarget for new scenes
- Rendertarget can be exported and imported into different scenes (ie. save your IBL settings for quick loading in other scenes)
- Octane Materials can be exported and saved as "default" for when they are next used
- The Viewport can be configured to auto-saved every X samples
- The Viewport camera tracks the Inventor camera position, rotation, zoom, etc.
- Octane LiveDB support (materials can be loaded from the LiveDB)
- Individual Cuda devices can be enabled/disabled, and the Render Priority set
- The render can be paused, continued and saved
- Mouse click the Viewport to set the focus distance or pick an Octane material for editing
- Materials and nodes can be copy and pasted
- Select an Inventor element and the materials for the element can be selected from to view the Octane material for that Inventor material
- A background image can be loaded for determining the current lighting for later composition.
- Materials can be applied from a list of Favourites
- Viewport Navigation, which allows navigation of the Inventor scene via the Octane Viewport (using mouse dragging).
- Render via Octane is available for parts and assembles. Rendering animations in the Inventor Studio is not currently supported (but is planned)
The on-line manual is available at render.otoy.com/manuals/Inventor/
If you have any issues, please report them in the Inventor plug-in subforum, and include the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win Vista, 7, 8)
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Inventor version
the OctaneRender team